Kevin bond Vs RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin bond Vs RR5

Is there a big difference in how they play?

i have a rr5 and played the bond and not really. i like the bond cause it only has a bridge pickup though. i really cant see paying the extra money for the bond though just cause it has pentagram inlays and some model specific bevel colors
    dk-1 pile of skulls
    dk-2m white
    dkmg- black forest
    rr-1 black w/gold pins
    charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
    p.o.s. randall halfstack
    peavey 5150

Comment

But isnt the kevin bond made of mahogany and the rr5 made of alder? There's got to be a lot of difference! I once plugged in a gibson (mahongany) and then a SL2. The SL2 sounded a lot brighter.
      Sam

Comment

in tone there is a noticably difference but in neck shape and feel they are pretty close. im not a big mahogany fan so the tone wasnt really there for me. the way i took his post was the feel of the neck etc. i might be wrong though. good point on the body woods though emperor.
        dk-1 pile of skulls
        dk-2m white
        dkmg- black forest
        rr-1 black w/gold pins
        charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
        p.o.s. randall halfstack
        peavey 5150

Comment

I, on the other hand, am a fan of mahogany and the Iommi pickup churns out some great angry sounds. The addition of a neck pup for more versatility and some less gimmicky inlay would've been great, but I dig my Bond RR all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
            I, on the other hand, am a fan of mahogany and the Iommi pickup churns out some great angry sounds. The addition of a neck pup for more versatility and some less gimmicky inlay would've been great, but I dig my Bond RR all the same.
            +1 for that thought! I searched long and hard for a mahogany-bodied Jackson with a hardtail and the traditional Jackson headstock. but the only options were the SLSMG and the SLATQH. If only the KB had a neck pup, I would have bought it without even thinking twice about the price.

Originally posted by tarddad View Post
            in tone there is a noticably difference but in neck shape and feel they are pretty close. im not a big mahogany fan so the tone wasnt really there for me. the way i took his post was the feel of the neck etc. i might be wrong though. good point on the body woods though emperor.
            Thanks!
            Last edited by emperor_black; 02-10-2007, 03:01 AM.
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X