Hiya people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya people

Hey Im new here, but Ive been plaing Charvel/Jacksons for about 20 years or so. Ive had many of both, loved most of them, sold all of them for one reason or another, stopped playing for a few years, etc. I got the itch again recently and just had to get a new guitar, but couldnt justify a major cash outlay, so I looked into Jacksons import models. The DKMG seemed to fit what I liked - it was the closest to my 750XL of yore.

Went to GC, they didnt have any and said it was unlikely they would have any soon. But they did have a DXMG, if I wanted to look a that.

To make along, boring story short(er), I instantly fell in love with this guitar. I cant imagine what a current USA Jackson is like if this is what a $450 import gets you these days.

I came here to re-join my fellow Jackson-ites in revelry and spread the good word about the mighty DXMG to those who need a great guitar for a great price.

W00T.
    Last edited by DXMG; 02-09-2007, 01:43 AM.

Welcome!

You must now post pics.
    -Rick

Comment

Im not so great with the camera but here ya go:

THe lovely, elegantly reversed headstock:

THe body, which has a little ding where the GC dude banged it into the counter , also with chrome knobs instead fo black, and EMG 81/85 replacing the stock HZs:

Comment

Black strings too... nice touch.
        -Rick

Comment

lol, indeed. I actually use them cause I am allergic to pretty much everything else Whatever coating DR puts on them to stop the "acid hands" and allegedly "extend the life" of the strings also lets me play them without my hands turning into ground beef, which I appreciate.

How d'you think she'll look with say a black/white zebra set of JB/Jazz or JB/59? I been carrying these EMGs around for 15 years or so, and I know I used to love them, but they kinda grate on me now. Could be cause I used to use them in a really heavy, mahogony archtop and now they are in a thin alder flat top

Comment

Swap 'em.
            Put the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck and make it an 18v system.
            You'll be surprised how much more headroom you get.
            Adding the 85 to the bridge position warms it up nicely.

I did it on my Squire as an experiment and it sounds awesome.
            It's staying.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 02-09-2007, 01:30 AM.
            -Rick

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting idear, and easily implemented.

I'll give it a try tommarow!

Comment

Hey dude!

DXMGs are awesome...I love mine...in fact I'm having the neck modded soon. Yours looks great! The fretboard looks dark and the black strings are way cool... I think you should leave the pups in there and get black knobs...go all the way and make it an all black motif.

Yours is new? What's your ser# ? Just curious. Plus I keep a rough database of MIJ production dates.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Hey dude!

DXMGs are awesome...I love mine...in fact I'm having the neck modded soon. Yours looks great! The fretboard looks dark and the black strings are way cool... I think you should leave the pups in there and get black knobs...go all the way and make it an all black motif.

Yours is new? What's your ser# ? Just curious. Plus I keep a rough database of MIJ production dates.
                  having your neck modded? How? Having the headstock put around the right way?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Nunya
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DXMG View Post
                      How d'you think she'll look with say a black/white zebra set of JB/Jazz or JB/59?
                      Welcome, dude and nice axe! I think it would look pretty cool with a pair of zebras. If you don't like the EMG swap, I say go for it.
                      Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Hey dude!

I did get it new, ser# 9855044. The dude at GC said it was an 06, but Im guessing he just pulled that out of his ass. I havent yanked the neck to look for markings yet. Im about to take her down for the pup swap, I'll check while im at it.

Comment

Originally posted by DXMG View Post
                          I did get it new, ser# 9855044. The dude at GC said it was an 06, but Im guessing he just pulled that out of his ass. I havent yanked the neck to look for markings yet. Im about to take her down for the pup swap, I'll check while im at it.

Welcome to the forum!

If it came originally with active EMGs, then it is 2006 .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                            Welcome to the forum!

If it came originally with active EMGs, then it is 2006 .
                            Nope, it came with HZs - and Im pretty sure the DXMG still does come with HZs, only the DKMG and WRMG got the 81/85 upgrade.

Either way - it is '06:

That pic kinda suks, but it says " 3-1 // DXMG // 2006. 2. 28"

@ rjohnstone - I am quite pleased with the results from swapping the pups. I'll have to see how it works out on my main rig, but on my home studio setup its just about right. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                            X