New user saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user saying hello

Hey guys I have been reading posts for about HR now, and I am very excited to see a forum professionally run and have a knowledgeable user base. I actually ran across this site because of a Jackson I recently purchased at a local music store. I have always played Ibanez and JB Players but I fell in love with this neck as soon I played it. It is very fast, loose and warm :-). I do however have a question that seems to be very popular on this forum. As much as I love this guitar it seems to be a japan model " professional " on the head stock which seems to be the lower level guitar. But there are some things about the guitar that don't seem in my limited Jackson knowledge anyway to make sense. I will have access to my dig. camera in an hour or two and I would like to post some pics so you can possibly help me with determining the exact model of the guitar. I do believe that it is an import from what I have been reading but there are so many models I would really like to know. Any thank-you in advance for the help and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Esp2120

Welcome!

Check this page for info about professional series:
    http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/proconfusion.htm

Sorry had to ask, why the hell do you have "esp" in your name?

Comment

thankyou for the info
      Last edited by esp2120; 01-21-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

hey man welcome.the japan made axes are a great guitar so dont stress to much over it,
        my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Welcome the knowledge here is second to none.Contribute is the key.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome to the forum,
            have fun!

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
            I ask myself the same thing...
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

About the esp thing not excatly why I do it all the time I guess it's because I am a huge Kirk Hammett fan, and I love the digitech 2120. LOL not the best nick for a Jackson site, but like I said this is the first Jackson I really played and I am LOVING it. I guess I should change the nick to SOLOIST2120. LOL anyway thanks for all the replies, and I am sending some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                Welcome!

Check this page for info about professional series:
                http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/proconfusion.htm

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                Welcome to the forum,
                have fun!

I ask myself the same thing...
                yes, me too...something tells me that his name wont be very popular here welcome anyways!

Comment

Here are the pics, Once again any input as to what model this is would be greatly appreciated
                  The trem is a schaller made in Germany

Last edited by esp2120; 01-21-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Pics are broken. I don't think geocities allows hotlinking, and going right there doesn't work.

Comment

I can see the pics...serial 88525, nothing on the truss rod cover...very odd. Ithought all Pro series had 6-digit serials?
                          Scott

Comment

Well, it's a Dinky model of some kind.

Wait a minute, isn't that a San Dimas plate? I ran the image through a contrast enhancer, and it's still very hard to see, but it looks like it says ".... in USA" right under the logo, and a bit further down, "S.. Dimas, CA".

If it is a Dimas plate, then it may be a parts mutt of mixed USA and Japanese parts. The neck is clearly from a japanese import though.

Comment

pics aren't working for me, but allay your fears - the "Professional" guitars are a quality Japanese import, second only to the US made Jacksons
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X