Thinking about DKMGFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about DKMGFF

The local dealer has one of these on the racks and I don't know much about it. From what I can tell Jackson isn't offering this model anymore?

It is the one with the EMG HZ and the flame inlays. It is also a string through which is appealing. How does the neck feel compared to a KV2. Is it bound?

I have a KV2 that I love everything about except playing while sitting.

Those of you that own this or similiar guitar chime in and let me know what you think of it.

The flame inlays is love or hate, I love em so don't say they are ghey RacerX. LOL

I think I can apply this and answer my own question:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925

Comment

I had this guitar for a few years, The neck feels good with the satinized back, I havent played a KV2 so I cant compare them. I really dug the overall look of this guitar , but seems like its not a popular model at all. They go for $300-550 used from what I have seen on Ebay.
      It was a decent guitar for it's price range, but It couldnt compete with my USA SL1 so I had to let it go.

Be aware the body has some weight to it. I also found on mine that the fret wire wasnt the greatest and would dirty up/oxidize faster then most guitars.

The pickup selector became scratchy shortly after its purchase when switching pickups. So make sure you investigate that if you can try one at a store. Cant really say anything about the licensed trem, I dont really use them. ( mine had the jackson licensed floyd rose tremolo vs the string thru, most I have seen are the string thru that you have described)

While the inlay is either loved or hated I found it distracted me positionally on the fretboard.

Emg hz's in my opinion arent very good, I think if you swapped them out for better pickups it would really help this guitar out.

those are my thoughts on this model. hope that helps you somewhat.
      Last edited by Mikernaut2; 01-16-2007, 11:05 PM.

Comment

i can think of better spec jacksons that cost less RRP-wise. there's places in the uk that want £650 for a dkmgtff, yet i've seen 2006 versions of the dkmgt for £450 and they've got active EMG's. £200 is an awful hike only because it has the flame inlay. just my opinion.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
          I had this guitar for a few years, The neck feels good with the satinized back, I havent played a KV2 so I cant compare them. I really dug the overall look of this guitar , but seems like its not a popular model at all. They go for $300-550 used from what I have seen on Ebay.
          It was a decent guitar for it's price range, but It couldnt compete with my USA SL1 so I had to let it go.

Be aware the body has some weight to it. I also found on mine that the fret wire wasnt the greatest and would dirty up/oxidize faster then most guitars.

The pickup selector became scratchy shortly after its purchase when switching pickups. So make sure you investigate that if you can try one at a store. Cant really say anything about the licensed trem, I dont really use them. ( mine had the jackson licensed floyd rose tremolo vs the string thru, most I have seen are the string thru that you have described)

While the inlay is either loved or hated I found it distracted me positionally on the fretboard.

Emg hz's in my opinion arent very good, I think if you swapped them out for better pickups it would really help this guitar out.

those are my thoughts on this model. hope that helps you somewhat.

Thanks for the information. I can see getting lost on the fretboard would be an issue.

Comment

Working...
          X