Jackson Kelly XL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly XL?

Theres a Kelly XL (Japan) for sale in town, the dealer wants $500 for it, used. Is that a fair price? The only thing I noticed wrong on it was a little paint chip on the back wing. Can someone fill me in on the price for a new one and anything else I might need to know before getting it? The owner wanted me to do a quick deal if he was going to let it go for $500...

Looks like this:

I think that's high. I had the XL Pro Rev (reverse headstock) from the mid '90s and sold it many years ago mint w/case for $400.

Here's one completed auction from ebay for $255:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Kelly-XL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Here's a thread that was talking about the guitar in the ebay auction I linked above. The last poster mentioned he got one for even less at a store 3 months ago.
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64309

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
        I think that's high. I had the XL Pro Rev (reverse headstock) from the mid '90s and sold it many years ago mint w/case for $400.
        I also had a Kelly XLR and paid about $425 or so for it with case. I don't think $500 is really that bad, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Personally, I think it's a bit high. I got my Kelly XL w/ case for 3 bills, but that was several years ago.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I sold mine with case and EMGs for $350 Canadian. Wish I could've kept it, I wanted one for YEARS! But I'm done with Floyds....but now I have to keep my eyes open for KE2Ts, haha...

Comment

I think I'm going to pass up on it unless he will lower the price further, as you're saying, the price is quite high. Though I doubt he will drop the price further since it would get too close to the price of a JS30KE. Thanks for the help anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I also had a Kelly XLR and paid about $425 or so for it with case. I don't think $500 is really that bad, though.
                Its 500 without a case or anything else for that matter, the price is only for the guitar.

Comment

I'd wait and get one with a Case for less off of EBay man.

Comment

$500 with no case is not worth it. The one I had (see the Kelly Project thread) was less than half of that with a case. It did have some shoddy repairwork done around the volume knob, but was otherwise in good shape.
                    Scott

Comment

They do make nice project axes. What I really like is the neck. They're like a DK2 neck, fully bound, but with real mop inlays. When you see DK2 necks go on ebay for 250 to 300, it makes these guitars look like a real bargain.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

+1 on what Mark said!

Comment

Working...
                        X