Jackson DK2 vs Soloist SL3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 vs Soloist SL3

I checked in the forum Threads and didn't find any thread about that subject ...

so
    Jackson DK2 vs Soloist SL3
    Difference Between them?

In your opinion wich of them rock more?

Are you familiar with the catalogues? I'm not pimping my site, but it sounds like it could help you a whole lot Click on the catalogue link in my sig for differences, specs, etc.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

SL3: Neck-through, with a real Floyd Rose and matching headstock, but NO BINDING (which is the only reason I don't own 5 of them ). Also has Duncan Hot Rails pickups in the middle and neck positions.

DK2: Bolt-on neck, Jackson licensed trem, black headstock, but with binding. Same bridge humbucker as SL3, but with Duncan Classic Stacks in neck and middle (so same pup config as an SL1 Soloist).

Both have rosewood fingerboards, black hardware, flame maple veneer on trans finishes, and sharkfins. As far as I can tell, quality and electronics are the same, and the difference is price is due to 1) the SL3 being neck-through rather than bolt-on, with matching headstock, and 2) the SL3 comes with an OFR instead of the licensed trem. On the other hand, the DK2 has bound fingerboard and headstock, and comes in a much wider range of finishes.

Comment

what is Bound Rosewood ?
        and the SL3 don't have OFR...
        it comes with JT580LP

Comment

Originally posted by Farkoson View Post
          what is Bound Rosewood ?
          it comes with JT580LP
          The new 2006 model has an OFR.

Bound rosewood = Rosewood fingerboard with edge binding. Like this:

Comment

I'm interested in one soon too, any opinions on the trem on the DK2, I'm wary about it seeing it's licensed.

Comment

Originally posted by Farkoson View Post
              what is Bound Rosewood ?
              it comes with JT580LP
              Sorry, I should've clarified that; the 2006 models (SL3 and DK2) have some improvements, even though they're still at roughly the same price-points as before. SL3 got an OFR, DK2 got real Duncans and an "improved" version of the licensed trem.

Older models are now much cheaper, but with licensed trem on both and Duncan Designed pups on the DK2.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
                I'm interested in one soon too, any opinions on the trem on the DK2, I'm wary about it seeing it's licensed.
                I've had no problems whatsoever with mine, but I probably don't abuse it nearly as much as the more experienced players on the board. It stays in tune forever and is easy to adjust, but I just haven't beat on it enough to see about dull knife edges and so on.

Comment

As for the licensec trem. I have an older SL3 with the 580 bridge and it holds its tuning very well. I've been known to be fairly abusive to it and so far I've only had one little problem with it that happened during a string change.
                  I would recommend though that if you are buying a new sl3 it might be worth your while to check the used market for a US soloist as you can find them for close to the same price if your lucky.

Comment

Working...
                  X