Scored a 2005 DK2 in Trans Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a 2005 DK2 in Trans Black

Sweet little guitar so far. I was originally looking for a 7 string, but this puppy grabbed me. They wanted $615, but I snagged it for $500. The guy even tossed in a beater case and some new strings. Just strung her up and popped in to post while I make some coffee. Gonna be a long night of shredding. I'll post a review after I've taken her for a proper spin.

Oh, and I'll beat everyone to it...

I'll take some tomorrow when there's some sunlight. For now, Metal is the order of the night!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

rock on!!! awesome score shred that thing till you cant shred no more! i know i shred my RR3 and DX10 daily (or nightly) and enjoy every minute of it!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Great buy..... shred... SHRED....!!

Comment

Congrats on the Jackson!

Comment

Check it out. Everyone should own one of these.

I jammed the hell out of it last night, but I need to set the intonation now that the strings are stretched out nicely. It was pretty close, but not right on for my picky ears. I'm keeping it tuned to D standard. Each of my guitars is tuned differently, so I don't have to fuck around tuning.

I will most likely change the chrome hardware to black over the next few months, starting with the knobs and strap buttons, then tuners, then slap in a black OFR. I kinda like the stock pickups, but I may swap them out too. I need to give my ears more time to adjust to this guitar.

It has a really bright tone that I love. Not as thick as my Model 3, which is my main axe. The clean tones on the neck and neck/middle pickups are fucking awesome, espacially in D tuning.
          The fretwork is perfect, as is the neck finish. Not quite as "satin-y" as my KVX10 (sleek and almost bare wood feeling). She's fast that's for sure.

It's very light, which I was surpirsed at. The body is very thin too. I think the neck may weigh more than the body!

My only gripe is a scratchy tone pot and I can see why - the soldering on one contact is pretty sloppy. I haven't ben able to find my soldering kit since we moved this summer, so I may just take it in to the store and have them do it for free on Monday. Saves me the trouble - I'm a pretty amatuer electrician.

All in all, a very good deal for $500. I can't complain at all. I was bitching before that I didn't want "another black strat/soloist", but here I am.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Is it just your pics or is the 'trans' not really trans at all?
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

the trans black finishes on imports from 2004/2005 were poor (sorry, but that's how i see it). my WRMG is no different. the only way to tell if it is trans black is to put it in direct sunlight.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It's REALLY hard to photograph. It's very subtle.
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

dude... congratz on the trans black... i love the finish on mine....
                  i might change the pickups out in 07. otherwise it's my first love.
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                  X