Indentify Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indentify Jackson?

My brother recently picked up this Jackson and we are trying to identify it's history and value. Can anyone help us out?

The guitar is almost mint with a couple scratches on the back, serial number is 9645563. It has Jackson Performer on the headstock. He was told it was pre 1996, is this true and what does that signify if anything?

Thanks for your help!

PS6T Kelly. I believe that was the low-end Kelly at the time it was produced, but others can fill in the details, I'm sure. A friend of mine had one years ago and it played pretty well.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
      PS6T Kelly. I believe that was the low-end Kelly at the time it was produced, but others can fill in the details, I'm sure. A friend of mine had one years ago and it played pretty well.
      +1 Just what I would have said.

Comment

Correct. This is one of the japanese made ones as opposed to the crappy korean ones that followed. A very nice guitar for the price in most cases.

Comment

It's actually a late-'96/'97 model - the 7 digit serial gives it away. 1996 "96" serials are predominantly 6-digits, even for Performers.

Definitely a great player. I had a body from one and really enjoyed it (with a JTX neck on it), but Explorer-shapes just ain't my thang. Same color as my old one, too. I put a Gibson 498T in the bridge and that guitar had an unbelieveable punch.

Anyhoo, value-wise they can be found very often for under $300 on Ebay.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice rosewood board on that one.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X