Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson kv3

hello!

I'm really intrestet in buying a jackson king V, but since I didn't really liked the 2006 models I decided not to do so.
    But yesterday I saw this advertisement: http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?...tails&id=71450
    But I can't realy find any information about the guitar.... so who has one? and what do you think of it? and what was the new price of this guitar?
    And is 499 a good price? (it has a new shaller and dimarzio)

thanx!

It looks like a 2005 ...
    So it`s a good price for it...
    Cause it has new picukps and Schaller so...
    I would hit it...
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

That's too much IMO. I wouldn't pay more than 450 EUR for it. And the floyd rose post(s) are rusty.

Comment

It's not a 2005. The KV-3 has been discontinued for five years at least. From the serial, I would guess 1998/1999 or so.

The upgraded Schaller is worth a bit (it's a great improvment over the stock trem), but I agree it's a little too high, so try to haggle on the price.
        Last edited by Sunbane; 12-24-2006, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          That's too much IMO. I wouldn't pay more than 450 EUR for it. And the floyd rose post(s) are rusty.
          Yeah Nazgul you are right...
          I though the price was in dollars...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

thank you!..

do you think the quality of this axe is about the same as a 2006 pro series?
            since it has better wood, trem, and humbucker than the kvx10...

Comment

There is no KV Pro Series 2006 on the Jackson page...

But as far as I see it with the RR-3
              the body and the fretboard are the same woods..
              So they must be in the same range ...or am I wrong?
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Hey another Dutchy, welcome
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

It's not just the Floyd posts - look at the strings and pickup screws - those things are rusted to death.

I had a KV-3 and it was a good guitar - probably woulda been a lot better with a Schaller or OFR and some Duncans, but that price seems a bit high for the condition of the hardware, which will probably have to be replaced.

And that doesn't look like a DiMarzio SuperDistortion to me - I thought all DiMarzios had black pole screws?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

when i saw the KV-3, i thought to myself, "odd didn't know they made those" but 499 euros, that works out to what a 900 american... i think...... way to much for that guitar
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      when i saw the KV-3, i thought to myself, "odd didn't know they made those" but 499 euros, that works out to what a 900 american... i think...... way to much for that guitar
                      More like 650$ . Still too much.

Comment

ahw.. too bad
                        I won't buy it then...

Comment

Make an offer for half that amount. KVs kick ass, but the state of the hardware should give you some negotiation leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                            More like 650$ . Still too much.
                            those currency exchanges always get me
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

looks like a kvx10 with trem. never heard of this model before.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X