Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2/DK2M dilemna...

Hi everyone -

In sort of a dilemna as to what i should do. I recently picked up a new dk2 in trans red about a month ago. The guitar is great, different feel than my ibanez rg550, which is what i was going after in my second guitar. However, i really would prefer a maple fretboard after trying out the dk2m.
    So, i can either buy a maple fingerboard neck and replace my present neck with (~$300 i estimate from musikraft, spelling?) OR sell my dk2 and pick up a dk2m.

Which would make more sense in terms of Headaches (getting someone to swap necks and set up guitar vs selling guitar) , moneywise?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

I think the Swapping part exing the dk2 or selling it and buying a dk2m would be all around easier.....

Be sure to let us know what you deicde it'd also take months for the musickraft neck to be made...

Ozz

Comment

if the dk2 is only a few days old, you might get away with swapping it for the dk2m, assuming the dk2 is a 2006 model and therefore should cost the same if not near to the price of the dk2m.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        if the dk2 is only a few days old, you might get away with swapping it for the dk2m, assuming the dk2 is a 2006 model and therefore should cost the same if not near to the price of the dk2m.

Hi -

I bought it less than a month ago. It is practically brand new, maybe 4 hours playing time on it. But i don't think i can trade it in at your local guitar store without taking some hit....

jeff
        Kiesel Aries
        Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

stick it on ebay. you'll get more for it than the shop will give as a trade in. neck swap seems pointless (pun intended ) as you would still end up with two guitars.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

also consider the pickups if you want to stay with the 2 single coils then get a new neck but if you want 2 humbuckers get the dk2m
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
              I think the Swapping part exing the dk2 or selling it and buying a dk2m would be all around easier.....
              Well, that was clear as mud! :ROTF:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If yours came with Seymour Duncan pickups then you have an '06. And yeah just sell it and buy the DK2M with the proceeds and the extra monetary outlay. I'm assuming your store doesn't have a 30 day exchange policy?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've seen clear mud..............honest..........

Simply put swapping the necks would leave you with an ugly guitar dk2m with a rosewood board eughhhh...

Not too mention you should get a good price on Ebay for the DK2...

Ozz

Comment

Hi -
                    Thanks everyone so far. Actually i would not buy a dk2m and swap necks but rather get a neck made and swap onto the dk2. This would leave me with a extra neck.
                    As for my dk2 now, it has duncan designed, therefore 05' model? What would this go for then?

thanks

jeff
                    Kiesel Aries
                    Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Did you see this DK2M neck on ebay? $309 shipped. Buy this, put it on, sell your old neck on ebay and you're done!
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5850&rd=1&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                        Did you see this DK2M neck on ebay? $309 shipped. Buy this, put it on, sell your old neck on ebay and you're done!
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5850&rd=1&rd=1

someone bougt it already...doh!
                        Kiesel Aries
                        Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Saw that before but, didn't mention it as I thought $300+ was steep to pay for an import neck without hardware but, that's just me.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Considering how much cheaper you could get a DK2M from Matt or Jacksonite (JCF sponsoring dealers) compared to what you (likely) paid for your DK2, I'd say sell yours on ebay and order from one of those fine fellows.
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                              Considering how much cheaper you could get a DK2M from Matt or Jacksonite (JCF sponsoring dealers) compared to what you (likely) paid for your DK2, I'd say sell yours on ebay and order from one of those fine fellows.

Hi -
                              I think that is what I'm going to do, but its gotta wait until i can sell it off, most likely in january as i'll be out of town too much during the holidays....

thanks everyone,

jeff
                              Kiesel Aries
                              Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Working...
                              X