Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Bond Rhoads - Info

Please help me out on a couple of Kevin Bond Rhoads questions I have:

What year was it introduced? What year did production cease... same year? 2005?

Why only one year?

The picture in the 2005 New Gear catalogue, has it shown with a blank truss rod cover. All models I have seen later (from users) has "K. Bond" on the truss covers. Is the one in the catalogue different in any other way? Or is this just the usual Jackson inconsistency we have become so used to?

Does this model use a special serialization? 052504 is the one I just bought (I can not believe the quality of this guitar, seeing it and checking it out! It even beats my 1993 Rhoads Pro on the workmanship. The early 1990 Pro feel is back! )
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

ummm...isn't it still in ptoduction?? i could have sworn it was on the website recently....

Comment

It's still in the production AFAIK. Serial looks a lot like the serial on my Jackson Stars RR-J2SP: 052659

I guess the 05xxxx means that it's from 2005.

And post some pics!!

Comment

Why isn't it in the 2006 catalogue then?

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        I guess the 05xxxx means that it's from 2005.
        Yep, good guess. The seller said it was from 2005 and the receipt confirms it.
        Last edited by jackson1; 12-07-2006, 12:55 PM.
        Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          And post some pics!!
          For once, I decided to photograph a guitar "Teenage eBay-style". How do you like 'em? :

(I can't post killer pics now).
          Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            Why isn't it in the 2006 catalogue then?
            It is. Check page 7. Carefully.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Doh Ron.

I guess sonicsamurai is right. It's on the current Jackson website. Introduced 1/2005. Still can't understand why it's not in the latest catalogue.
              Henrik

Comment

That´s The Best Signature Series Guitar - Ever!!!

Comment

How does it compare to the real one from KB himself, Tommi?
                  And why did they move the volume knob?
                  Henrik

Comment

"The picture in the 2005 New Gear catalogue, has it shown with a blank truss rod cover"
                    Maybe that was a pre-production guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                      How does it compare to the real one from KB himself, Tommi?
                      And why did they move the volume knob?

The real KB has more rich and heavy sound but this signature series come´s really close!!! The playability is as good as in CS KB but the look is MUCH better in custom. For example the bevels has a lot details in it and the pentagram inlays are better in the real KB. Well, it´s pretty natural because it´s custom shop and others are manufactured series guitars

The volume knob is mystery to me...maybe they wanted that this signature series will have some own features as well...

Comment

It's really silly that they produce a one humbucket guitar with 22 frets.Other than this and the inlays,it's pretty good imo.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
                          The real KB has more rich and heavy sound but this signature series come´s really close!!! The playability is as good as in CS KB but the look is MUCH better in custom. For example the bevels has a lot details in it and the pentagram inlays are better in the real KB. Well, it´s pretty natural because it´s custom shop and others are manufactured series guitars
                          Thanks man. This guitar really takes the cake at the price I paid second hand and in mint condition: $740. The only thing I have found not to be okay, is the nut work. It's sloppy and uneven cut and need to be re-cut. Maybe the previous owner messed with it, I dunno. But overall, this is a fantastic guitar. It resonates like mad
                          Henrik

Comment

How is it compared to the RR1? (You only compared it to the RR Pro)

Comment

I think it is still in production. The local Sam Ash has both a blood red beveled one and a green beveled one.
                              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
                              X