Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import SL2H (Sam Ash)

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...subsearch=true

So I went to my local Sam Ash today to browse around and I saw what was labeled as a SL2H for $1050. Everything looked right... 24 frets, duncans, real Floyd Rose, except no made in the USA on the headstock. Checked the back and it had a "Made in Japan" sticker. It looks like Sam Ash got Jackson to make a special import series.

On basic inspection it looked pretty good, but I didn't have time to try it out. Anyone else have a chance to play one?

Did you get the ser# ?

It had ebony board, MOP sharkies, binding?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes on the binding, not sure about the board/MOP. The SN# was a 6 digit number I think, with no letter prefix.

Comment

they have it on their website - one version with EMG's and the other one with Duncans

SD :

EMG's :

omg - looks like the return of soloist archtop pro - hopefully it's not only samash but jackson who makes that kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
          they have it on their website - one version with EMG's and the other one with Duncans

SD :

EMG's :

omg - looks like the return of soloist archtop pro - hopefully it's not only samash but jackson who makes that kind of stuff.
          Hmm, both of those point to DK2M pages....

Comment

Here let me try:

JacksonSL2H Soloist Electric Guitar (Trans Blue)

Exclusive to Sam Ash, this version of the Soloist adds several enhancements to the mix like contour cutaways, neck thru construction for singing sustain, and genuine Seymour Duncans for that hard rocking tone. And the attractive Trans Blue finish makes you look that much better on stage! Features include an alder body with a flame maple top, hard maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with sharkfin inlays, a JB humbucker at the bridge and a '59 at the neck, and a Floyd Rose Standard tremolo. It's then topped off with ivoroid binding and black hardware. Limited lifetime warranty. Case not included.
            • Alder Body, Flame Maple Top
            • Hard Maple Neck
            • Rosewood Fingerboard
            • Sharkfin Inlays
            • Ivoroid Binding - Neck & H/S
            • Floyd Rose "Standard" Tremolo
            • 2 Humbuckers: Duncan JB and '59
            • Black Hardware
            • 25.5" scale

Comment

The finish I saw was a slight burst finish... You can kind of see that in the picture RacerX posted.

I didn't see anything about one with EMGs, but I did see that Sam Ash still had the SL3 on their website for $1100. No binding and non-original Floyd Rose for $50 more? I don't think so...

Comment

Looks a bit like an Archtop Pro, except for the fretboard... I wonder why they're not calling it a SLAT?

Comment

It´s gotta be a mistake or type-o that they´re calling it a SL2H. I´d go with something like SLAT2, and keep an opening for an american SLAT1. But anyway, it looks cool although they should´ve opted for mahogany. It´s good to see Jackson (or Sam Ash, for that matter) going after the ESP/Schecter market.

Comment

OMG, my prayers have been answered...except for the lack of an ebony board. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Anybody here ever deal with Sam Ash before....Opinions please.

Comment

Wow, that is seriously cool.

Comment

Tats a nice looking Guitar. I'd prefer that over an Sl3.

Comment

wow. that is nice.
                          i may have to buy an import jackson.....
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

A few years back I remember plenty of people wishing for a re-release of the Archtop Pro, so this should sell pretty fast. Good call by SA.

EDIT: I wonder why Jackson uses chrome posts for black OFR´s on the imports... the SL3 has the same thing, no? Can´t remember seeing it anywhere else. Anyway, I think it looks pretty cool.

Comment

hey, that's exactly what IMO was missing in the pro series... binding on the top of the line guitars. Even better that it's an archtop!
                              They should do a RR5 run with binding too!

Well I hope that Jackson plans to release similar things at Winter NAMM... *crosses fingers*
                              Last edited by shadowcat; 12-05-2006, 10:29 AM.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X