• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not DK2MS?? or DK2SM??

So I'm looking at getting a DK2.

I like the Sustainer on the DK2S.

I like the maple neck of the DK2M.

So......

Why doesn't Jackson make the DKMG with the Sustainer in it?

Or offer a DK2S with a maple neck as an option?

What gives???

They can't please every one... I think the DK2M is the guitar they offer with a Maple board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
      So I'm looking at getting a DK2.

I like the Sustainer on the DK2S.

I like the maple neck of the DK2M.

So......

Why doesn't Jackson make the DKMG with the Sustainer in it?

Or offer a DK2S with a maple neck as an option?

What gives???
      You like the sustainer in the DK2S and the maple board of the DK2M, so why don't they offer a DKMG with a Sustainer?

As Denny said, they can't please everyone and some limits have to be set on the variations available in the line. You could always buy one or the other and modify it. See if you can pick up a DK2M neck on ebay to swap onto a DK2S.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah G is right. You should just swap necks, it's that easy
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

i thought the maple neck itself is the main reason people went for the dk2m, thus finding just the neck on ebay would prove difficult. you could buy both guitars (dk2m and dk2s, if you can afford to, that is) and swap the necks, but then you have to find someone to buy your then-just-dk2. you might get a very low offer. jackson made it clear that they don't sell necks seperately because of the sheer number of fakes out there. just my opinion, i could be wrong.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM. Reason: .
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think buying two imports, to make one import is silly...why spend that kind of change? Then again, it is "almost" like having your own "custom" Jackson.

I bought the DK2M mainly because I liked the way the white looked with the maple...then again, I love white guitars. On my wish list is a White SL2H.

That said, the fact the DK2M had TWO hums instead of one and two singles, that didn't hurt things either. The black hardware was just an added bonus.

All of those factors that made me want the guitar, and I"ve got about 10 hours of play on it...not good.

Comment

If you want a DK2 with a sustainer, buy a DK2M and put a Fernandes FSK-101 kit ($150) in it... hell of a lot cheaper than buying two guitars.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                If you want a DK2 with a sustainer, buy a DK2M and put a Fernandes FSK-101 kit ($150) in it... hell of a lot cheaper than buying two guitars.
                Yeah but isn't the Sustainer a single coil? How's that going to fit in the hum space?

Comment

The FSK-101 is for H-H setups... the FSK-401 is for H-S or H-S-S.

FSK-101... you use your existing wiring and hum in the bridge position. Requires a little more work to install.

The FSK-401 kit is a complete kit. Everything you need is included. Just hook it up and go.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-28-2006, 06:59 PM.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    The FSK-101 is for H-H setups... the FSK-401 is for H-S-S.

Whoops! I just looked up the 101 after I posted.

Now will the 101 fit in the control cavity of a DK2M?

What about the regular and feedback mode switch?
                    Last edited by Bryan; 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

Whoops! I just looked up the 101 after I posted.

Now will the 101 fit in the control cavity of a DK2M?
                      Nope... gonna require some routing, but it will fit under the existing cover.
                      Long story short, jackson didn't fully route out the electronics cavity on the DK2M, but they did use the big "Ontario" style control cover... so you have room to put it in and still make it look "stock".
                      You may find it hard to squeeze the battery in there though. That's why they give you a battery box, but again.. routing required to install it.
                      Again... the 101 kit requires a bit more work to install and you will have to provide a knob/pot for the intensity control.
                      The switches are on the board... just like the Jackson sustainer. They give you a template to use to drill the holes for a proper fit.
                      Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-28-2006, 07:06 PM.
                      -Rick

Comment

But if I get a DK2M there's no way I can use the 401 kit due to the pickup cavity right? So I basically have to use the 101 system on a DK2M?

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb View Post
                          I think buying two imports, to make one import is silly...why spend that kind of change? Then again, it is "almost" like having your own "custom" Jackson.
                          YOU'RE silly! :ROTF:

This is exactly what I'm doing with my 2 imports...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

excuse me for asking but whats the sustainer thing active pick ups with a butt load of sustain anyone clear it up for me yeah the maple board does look really cool i wish they made it string thru and single hum but like every one else said can't please every one
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                            X