Question About DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About DK2

I am seeing DK2 guitars listed as "Pro Series" and others that are just listed as DK2. I am assuming these are all the same guitars other than colors/options?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Same guitars. Ones with duncan desgined are pre 2005 models and the ones with seymour&duncan models are 2006 models and are better.

Comment

thanks. That is what I was thinking however the prices on these guitars are all over the place. Anywhere from $250-700 new. That is why I wanted to make sure there are not two "series" of the DK2 models.

Comment

"Pro" is just a throwback to the original Japanese import line that actually had Pro in the model name (Soloist Pro, Rhoads Pro, etc.) or had the Professional logo on the headstock (many XL, EX and similar models). That logo hasn't appeared in nearly ten years, but it still generally applies to any current Japanese import that doesn't have JS, X, or MG in the model name.
        sigpic

Comment

No, the series to which the DK2 belongs is actually called the "Pro series".

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/s...&cat=proseries

Comment

any negatives about the guitar? I know you get what you pay for but it looks like a good value. I don't need the guitar but want to add one to the collection if it is a good player. I currently have a Les Paul Standard, Fender Strat MM, Yamaha AES-720 and a JRR-94 I got for next to nothing. I am currently "sprucing up" the JRR with brass/gold hardware, new pick up. It may turn into a good player for me.

The Japan model Jacksons seem to be pretty consistent and solid. Let me know what you think of the DK2.

Comment

I, too would like to hear some opinions on the DK2. I'm really interested in the DK2S. After getting a taste of the Sustainer in the PC1, I gotta have more!

Comment

DK2's are a pretty amazing value considering the quality/price. I picked up a lightly used 2004 DK2 about a month ago, eerie dess graphics, chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pups in H/S/S configuration. It's a very versatile configuration. Some people say the Duncan Designed pups are crap, but I totally disagree and so do a couple of my guitar playing friends who own much more expensive guitars including hand-made customs. Sure it's nice if you can get real Duncans like on the new 2006 DK's, but I certainly can't justify swapping my DD's out. It plays great, only needed a proper setup. The licensed Floyd needed to be balanced too, but now it stays in tune perfectly. Both the pots are scratchy and need replaced, but that seems to be a fairly common problem on the MIJ imports. No big deal, I will be ordering new CTS pots soon and they will be replaced. The necks are very nice, thin but not too thin, but it seems that the neck dimensions can vary from model to model and year to year a bit. Mine is just right for my hands. The binding on the neck adds a nice touch. I think I payed just a bit more than it was worth at $600, but it was in mint condition, I traveled over 6000 miles to get it and I didn't feel like negotiating

I would definitely buy another DK2 series if a nice one came my way... like a string through body, black trans finish and HH configuration just to be different than my current DK2. The quality of these MIJ Jacksons blows away Ibanez, Gibson and Fender in this price range, imho.
                My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

As an owner of Multiple regular DK2's as well as a DK2S might I suggest to anyone looking into these guitars to consider the DK2M. IMO, these are the best of the bunch.

Comment

I played a dk2t at a local music store and was very impressed with the fit and finish and playability. I've got two guitars with Floyd's and would like a string thru model so it is definately on the list. The dk2's are a great bang for the buck!!

Comment

Working...
                    X