Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alittle follow up and slight review on the brand new SL3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alittle follow up and slight review on the brand new SL3.

Well if you read my thead on the buzzing problem I had with the 2005 Sl3 I owned, you now know I'm a Proud new owner of a 2006 Sl3.

The new model is slighty Improved over last years model. the biggest change is the Orignal Floyd rose instead of the J580 Jackson Licenced model. the Floyd Rose is better. Why they waited this long to put it on this guitar is a mystery. Well I feel it's a step in the right Direction. It plays and bends better in my opnion. Even the action feels better.More balanced.

They also changed the color of the hardware. It's all black now. Last years was Chrome but the 5 way was black. It should have been chrome as wel to complete the package. Even the trim ring on the bridge position was still black which I changed to a Chrome ring. It gave it a nice touch more like the SL1.

the neck which could change from guitar to guitar seems slighty thicker. this maybe something I perferred more on my last model. That neck was like lightning. I never owned a guitar with a faster neck and that includes this one.But this neck I'm already used to it after 2.5 hours of playtime.

I'm very pleased to own this guitar and I'll post some pic's after I take a few hundred.

Dan

Congrats.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats, but need it even be said?

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

With the OFR added the SL3 really is a high-quality piece of gear. Congrats! They should bring back the two-hum SL4 with an OFR as well, but maybe give it 24 frets this time around.

Comment

congrats on a fine guitar

Comment

Ok here is a few crappy pic's but I will snap more.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. She plays very well. Lastnight she Inspired me to write a song without trying to write a song. I was messing around with one finger movements with a constant ring on the High E string, actually I used both E strings from time to time and came up with this very cool like search your memory remember your life , use that info for where you should go from here type lick.

I gotta give her a name.

Dan

Comment

This is what the 2005 model I traded in looked like.

Comment

Hate to say it, but I like the 05 better.
                  I love admins!

Comment

I like the new one better. The black hardware looks good with that flame top.
                    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                      Hate to say it, but I like the 05 better.
                      No Problem man. I liked the look of the 05 as well. The 06 model is a bit darker as you can tell from the pic's. But the black hardware makes it all work.

I'm just happy to have a guitar with no problems. But I'm on a mission to pick up a SL2H in Snow White also with Black hardware. And to top off my Jackson collection for next year, I'm considering a SL1 in Natural Maple with Chrome hardware...So many choices so little money.

Dan

Comment

The more I play her the more I don't miss the 05 model. I got it setup how I like it and man I'm into writing. I'm writing this Instrumental thats about thinking about your life. Where you where , where you are now and where you are going. A thinking song if you will.

Along with my new Boss GT 8, I"m coming up with all kinds of stuff.

The SL3 is fantastic. For the money I'm completely happy with it. I couldn't ask for any more guitar. I think in the future I may play around with finding a sweeter sounding neck position pickup like a Fender Strat noiseless or something. the Hot rails are good for alot of things but I think I can get the guitar to have the clean tone I can hear in my head....

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X