J-50s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-50s

Well for shits and giggles I yanked the Duncans out of my 92 fusion H-H and put in an old set of J-50s and these rock.The Duncan distortions were a little to hot for the mahogony body.The J-50 n&b are quite mellow and have a very narrow sweet spot so it took some tweaking to get it right.
    Of course there was the ever present rsguitarworks upgrade kit already in there so I knew it was going to sound great.So J-50s+mahogony are a great match.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

hmmm. interesting. I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with the J-50/J-80 pairing in my Fusion Plus. I keep thinking it's my amp, but then I plug in something EMGs or a J-95 and I'm happy again.

Maybe it's a matter of finding that sweet spot....
    Hail yesterday

Comment

These two have the covers on so I thought they woud look pretty good.I have this set up in an 87 maple bodied USA strat(Jackson)and it is just an over the top tone hound.I was saving these for a curly maple Chandler body I have been waiting on so they will probably come back out but it least I know they sound good in mahogony.Funny what you will do when you're board.
      I didn't care for the j-50 j-80 combo either.Now a j-80 and j80c(B) kick ass in a basswood body.j-50n and j-90c works in an alder body.J-82 and J-90c is great in a basswood body.J-95 blows chunks in a mahogony body but is great in basswood,alder,poplar,maple.Also swamp ash rocks with a J-90c or J95.
      Last edited by straycat; 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X