Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the serial located on a bolt-on Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the serial located on a bolt-on Pro?

I'm talking 1990-1995 Pro guitars (Stealth + Fusion). Is the serial hammered into the fingerboard like the neck thru or is it engraved on the neck plate? Back of the head stock maybe?
    Last edited by jackson1; 11-11-2006, 01:03 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Neckplate. 6 digits, no letters. 1990 to mid-1996 the first number on the plate was the year (0-6), then they started using the "96" serials.

Not sure when the JTX came out (96?) but that and a couple of other models had a J+6 serial sticker on the back of the head. I think the KE3 did for a while - don't quote me on that. Mostly it was done on the models that had the recessed machine bolts like the JJ instead of a neckplate.
    AFAIK, the JJ was the only bolt-on to get the serials stamped on the last fret.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc. I'm only focusing on the 1990-1995 guitars. The JJ wasn't available then. Neither was the KE3, but you know that.

Are you saying that, while the Soloist Pro (for example) had the Jxxxxxx syntax, the bolt-ons had a xxxxxx syntax? Just making sure.

The JTX came out in ´93.
      Last edited by jackson1; 11-11-2006, 01:36 PM.
      Henrik

Comment

Yes, Professional bolt-ons had 6 numbers on the plate, with no letter and IIRC no address (unlike the Charvel Model models which still causes problems today).
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Yes, Professional bolt-ons had 6 numbers on the plate, with no letter...
          When you say "Professional bolt-ons", i'm a little uncertain if we really understand each other

I'm asking about the Jackson Stealth Pro + the Jackson Fusion Pro, both from the Professional Series. Not any guitar from the Professional Series... only the Pro bolt-on models, which were the Stealth Pro and the Fusion Pro. Did they only have the 6 digits and no "J" in the serial? Sorry, but i'm born anal
          Henrik

Comment

Working...
          X