Help Identifying a Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying a Jackson

I bought this guitar off ebay. The seller didn't know which model it is. But, I wanted to try out a super-strat type guitar, and I thought it was a good deal (I think; roughly comparing it to other Jackson models).

- Quilted maple top with a sunburst finish (not sure what kind of wood)
    - Shark inlays
    - 24 jumbo frets
    - Rosewood Fingerboard
    - 25.5" scale
    - Floyd Rose licensed double locking tremolo
    - 2 humbuckers with a 3-way switch
    - 1 Volume knob and 1 tone knob
    - Reverse headstock
    - The headstock says Jackson Professional (I think that means it's one of the Japanese models)
    - Bolt-on neck
    - Serial number: 605145

I tried to identify it using Jackson guitar charts, but they only have these charts for US made models.
    Since, I'm thinking about getting a better guitar, I thought if I know how this guitar is worth, I would know how much an upgrade would cost me
    I really like this guitar playability, but its tone is not that great.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you.

Welcome, newb!

That is a 1996 DR3 (Dinky Reverse)

Yes, Professional on HS = Made In Japan

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...1996Page05.htm

Consider donating to Henrik: http://www.audiozone.dk/index-filer/CatalogScans.htm
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

what he said.

It's a DR3.

btw, that's not a quilt maple cap. It's what they call a "gravure" top. It's fotoflame, not real maple but a picture of it. They only did this for a year or so.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

they should bring that finish back into the spec of current jacksons.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

they should bring that finish back into the spec of current jacksons.
          I agree!

Comment

If you're unhappy with the tone, put better pickups in it.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you RacerX and VitaminG. Man, you guys know your Jackons!!

wilkinsi and Rich#6: I really like the finish too even though I know now it is a "fake" quilt maple! Almost as beautiful as a Joe Perry Paul finish!!

Newc: I put a Diamrzio Tone Zone in the bridge position. The tone is better now, but not great. Maybe it is just me!!

Comment

Newc: I put a Diamrzio Tone Zone in the bridge position. The tone is better now, but not great. Maybe it is just me!!
                That pickup should have a lot of tone to it. I am going to put one in one of my guitars soon too. Just not sure which one. I sold the one that I had it in before a few months ago. I bet you where looking for something hotter. Its has a very 80's sound to it IMO.
                I have 2 transparent violet dinkys myself, but they have the flamed top . Again nice guitar!

Comment

Rich#6: I'm actually looking for that Joe Satriani tone. I didn't want to get a hotter humbucker since he uses low output humbuckers. The Tone Zone has a nice tone actually. But, then again he uses a lot of expensive guitars and amps (his talent might help a bit too ).

It is an all around good guitar though. A very good introductory to super-strats!!

Comment

You need the Fred or the Mo Joe then to get closer. I think the TZ should work fine too. Yes, the man has more talent in his little toe then I have all together!

Comment

Up grade the electronics (rsguitarworks.net)
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X