Parts Mutt Project finally finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Mutt Project finally finished

I did this image with the custom shop generator a while back and finally decided to do the project.

The body is a DXMG and the neck is a DKMG, I picked up both on eBay. The pickups are Seymore Duncan Distortion Mayhem set. Trem is a Floyd copy. Gotoh Tuners. Gold Yin-Yang Neck plate by NYGDesigns.com. Yin-Yang truss rod cover by westsigns.com. Strap locks are wilkinson. All screws and hardware I got from stewmac. I did the paint myself.

I couldn't be happier with how the paint turned out. It looks badass (the pics suck). The sound and action are incredible, it has sustain for days. The duncans sound great, the neck is a bit muddy at full volume though. I probably should have used a jazz in the neck.

The downside is that this is the 1st recessed trem guitar I've had and I really HATE the strings being so close to the body. I just can't seem to get used to it. Hopefully I'll get used to it eventually or just get over it as I'd hate to make this a "wall queen" or get rid of it. I'll try to get some better pics outside if the weather improves. The pics of the neck plate didn't turn out at all but it's beautiful.

Sol

Nice
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

+1
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Excellent work!
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

That looks really good, nice job.
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I like that.Very cool.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Some nice bling with the yin yang truss rod cover. Was that a Budman piece?

Comment

very nice, love it.
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Really nice guitar...
                  Like the detail(The Ying Yang on the truss rod cover)...
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I like the gold and black with gold hardware combination...looks good!

Comment

Thats awesome. Cool to see something made in Custom Shop Generator become reality

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                        When I saw it, I wondered the same thing..

Anyway, that is a really cool paint job, and unique!
                        Excellent work!

Comment

Cool project!

(Isn't the neck a DK2 though? DKMG has the piranha inlays)
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, westsigns.com did it. Budman said he couldn't do it.

Isn't the neck a DK2 though? DKMG has the piranha inlays
                            The guy I bought it from said it was a DKMG. It very well may have been a DK2 though.

-Sol

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I'll try to get some better pics up. As nice as the truss rod cover looks the neck plate blows it away.

Here is what it looks like (stock photo). It's gold and looks sweet. All of the cavity cover screws are gold as well

-Sol

Comment

Working...
                              X