Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone swap a 5-way switch into their DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone swap a 5-way switch into their DK2M?

If so, what are you doing with the 2 & 4 positions? Coil-tap? Phase? How's it sound with the Duncans?
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

A standard 5-way won't give you decent options like that, but a Jackson Special 5-Way will. A 5-way switch only has 3 connections with 2 bridge points to activate connections 1&2 and 2&3 at the same time, but the Jackson switch has 5 totally independent connections. I've used them with 2-hum guitars before and you can get some wild combinations, especially if you add in a push-pull knob or two.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the great info Newc!
      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Oops, forgot to ask - where can one buy the Jackson switch?

Comment

Before the Fender buyout you could buy those and the original electronic systems (JE1000, etc) directly from Jackson HQ, but now your best bet is Ebay.
          I've got 3 of them but I'm keeping them because they are fairly hard to find.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

Do you have a Jackson part #?

Comment

Stew-Mac has custom 5 ways as well. I put one in my 750XL and it's nice. From neck to bridge, NH, NS, NS+BS, BS, BH. The middle position is a single from the neck + a single from the bridge humbucking. Throw in a push/pull to phase reverse as well. This way I can get some great acoustic tones from a Distortion Mayhem set.

Comment

DonP,

Do you have schematic to do the 5-way AND push-pulls?

Comment

I think Carvin might sell these, too. I know that's the configuration on the Bolt+.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
                  X