Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX10D opinions?

Hi everyone -

Looking to get my first Jackson. Saw a DX10D in trans blue for $300. How is the guitar and is it worth that money? How is the build/quality?

thanks

jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

depends on whether it's used or new. i used to own one in amber sunburst. build quality is just the same as any jackson import in that price range. nice thin neck, reverse sharkies. you may also wanna consider a 2006 dk2 as an alternative. they tend to be around the same retail price, maybe a tad more expensive, but you get a bound neck and headstock, plus real duncans.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hi -
      It's new for $300. I don't like the single middle pu in the DK2, otherwise i would be all over it.
      As for pu, i would swap anyways to duncans.....

jeff
      Kiesel Aries
      Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I think they just switched the DX10D to being made in Japan this model year?? and they were made in India before that, I think most people here would agree that Japanese Jacksons are close in quality to Americans, while the Indians are another story. So check that out!

Comment

How would i tell the difference b/t made in india vs japan?

thanks

jeff
          Kiesel Aries
          Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

check out the serial number, ask racerx to time-stamp it.

2002-2005 have alder bodies and Made In Japan. the 2006 x-series have basswood bodies (MIJ also). the indian made dx10d bodies are made from cedro if i remember correct, apparently the same quality as the js-series (though my js-1 had an alder body - bizzare). the difference is tonal quality and weight, though the body wood is less important if you're putting active pups in there.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd take that $300 and put it on a Charvel Model series on eBay...that's what I would do.

Comment

Yep. Go with good old MIJ Charvel. Schaller Floyd and well made. Get one with a 590 not a JT6. They are out there.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

the 2006's are Alder up to July i believe...after that its Basswood.

i have a DX10 in trans blue and an RR3...quality is surprisingly about the same. the DX10 is a very nice guitar for the money (i got mine for 330 btw, brand new). the Duncan Designs werent bad actually...quite similar to the Duncan Distortion in my Music Man...not as "rich" sounding, a little thinner, but good anyways. i could have lived with them, but i stuck EMG 81's in it that i had lying around LOL

the JT 580 is a damn good trem system...both it and the 580 LP on my RR3 stay in tune perfectly and work flawlessly. guitar plays fine and sounds great. i wouldnt hesitate to pick it up IMO. i dont regret it one bit, and want another one or two

as for quality on the Indian DX10's...my buddy has an Indian one, and its actually about the same as mine...except it has the 500 or 590 bridge, cant remember which, and the neck heel is like the JS series (not angled...block like a standard Fender heel). plays the same.

id say the DX10 is a great guitar myself...i may be biased, but i wouldnt hesitate to get another Alder bodied one...Basswood does nothing for me.
                  My metal band Lucian Scott
                  Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                  Available Now!
                  New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                    as for quality on the Indian DX10's...my buddy has an Indian one, and its actually about the same as mine...except it has the 500 or 590 bridge, cant remember which,
                    It's the 500. Low end trem.

(590 is a high end trem)
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Since you don't like the H/S/S pups in the DK2 how 'bout the DK2M. It has Duncans in it already and is H/H.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        Yep. Go with good old MIJ Charvel. Schaller Floyd and well made. Get one with a 590 not a JT6. They are out there.
                        Hey hey hey...there's nothing wrong with a JT6!

Where's Mark to back me up on this???!!!

Comment

don't buy a dk2m, i want my order to come thru quicker
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                            Since you don't like the H/S/S pups in the DK2 how 'bout the DK2M. It has Duncans in it already and is H/H.

i just bought that one and it is sweet as all hell BUT the neck is thicker than i like
                            my other Dk2 is older and the neck is much thinner for whatever reason?
                            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

the DX10 is a no braniner for $300 as long as it is MIJ and in decent shape
                              the Made in india ones have lousy fret work and bigger necks
                              not to mention the 500 trem i would only pay $200 for one and then upgrade it
                              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X