Need Help with my Jackson Dinky XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with my Jackson Dinky XL

I like to find out the year of produciton . Serial #306595. I think its a 1993? Also The trem says Schaller on it. has it been swapped or is the JT 590 made by schaller? I post a picture if asked

Schaller style = JT590
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron. As Japanese Dinkys go is this one of the better years? Or are they all about the same?

Comment

The XL was the top of the import Dinky line. There were earlier King V, Rhoads and Soloist Pro models with ebony fretboards, but not an equivalent Dinky. Following the Dinky XL, all the versions that followed had plastic inlays, and binding disappeared until the DK2 debuted a few years later.
        sigpic

Comment

As far as I know the best japanese dinky around now is the dk2 or maybe the dk2m And dinky xl's were better than those because they have the jt590 which is much better than a jt580 and they have real mop sharkies
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

XLs also had basswood bodies though...so there's that.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

XLs also had basswood bodies though...so there's that.
              I love the charvel model series, so I am not too turned off by basswood. IT just makes the SD demon pup sound a little muddy. For what I paid for it , the body should be made from plywood. $126.5 and some gas and I got MOP, SD and Tom anderson pups, a schaller and my favorite color.

Comment

thats an amazing deal!! put a pic of it
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

thats an amazing deal!! put a pic of it
                  its not the best looking guitar - some dings and it needs a middle pup and a trem socket

Comment

thats still awesome, i love the black edges
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'd love to have that neck hint hint!!!!!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd love to have that neck hint hint!!!!!
                        hmm... yeah... no, its a keeper. The trans violet guitars are hard to find and it goes so well with its friend.

Comment

The Dinky XL was the top of the revised Professional line. Once Jackson figured out they were losing USA sales to their own imports, and the lines were revised, the "XL" designation was implemented.

I don't know if the bolt-on 1990-91 Pros got ebony boards like the neckthroughs, though.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I didnt know they came in this color! I'm in love with these guitars...
                            Dont hit me because of the crappy pic I dont have time to work on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              The Dinky XL was the top of the revised Professional line. Once Jackson figured out they were losing USA sales to their own imports, and the lines were revised, the "XL" designation was implemented.

I don't know if the bolt-on 1990-91 Pros got ebony boards like the neckthroughs, though.
                              Eh, *what* 1990-91 bolt-on Pros? The Fusion was the only Jackson bolt-on import at the time. Not sure about the Charvels...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X