dimarzio in jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steveo View Post
    no mean to hijack thread so sorry, but what dimarzio pickup would u recommend for a hot output. sound similar to a sort of dimebag darrell sort of crunch and lead?
    X2N
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      X2N
      +1.But telling your wood/bridge combination will help more to recommend the right PU
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

I have a 74 DiMarzio super D in my model 2 mutt and it screams.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think that dimarzio's have more overall warmth and in alder as many jackons are crafted from the dimarzio's sound better
          they have a nice balance with the alder and keep in mind IF you play a guitar with a OFR or any locking trem you always lose warmth compared to a stoptail or string thru.
          dimarzio is also much more innovative in their models they have the air pup,virtual vintage,and the dual resonace design
          the DR design is where each coil is tuned to a different frequency so that the coil closest to the bridge will have more bass and low mids and the coil closer to the neck will be brighter accenting the higher frequencies more
          the "mega drive" model was the first pup by them to do this
          and is a very underrated pup!
          to the guy asking about dimes tone in a dimarzio give this one a shot bro it cooks and you can flip it around for more treble
          also the D sonic model is good for the dime tone
          the X2N is too damn hot to really be useful in a high gain amp
          it has more friggin power than a EMG 81 or 85!
          that is SICK!
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I was using a Steve's Special in a basswood Dinky until it decided to start squealing (microphonic?), so I'm replacing it with a PAF Pro. Despite the squealing problem, the Special had a fantastic tone, but I wanted something with more mids and a bit less output. Not sure how either would sound in alder.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              I was using a Steve's Special in a basswood Dinky until it decided to start squealing (microphonic?), so I'm replacing it with a PAF Pro. Despite the squealing problem, the Special had a fantastic tone, but I wanted something with more mids and a bit less output. Not sure how either would sound in alder.
              you would Love the air zone then!

the paf pro is sweet but really does not have a lot of mids either
              the air zone is real good or beleive it or not the breed neck model works great in the bridge spot
              it is a fatter paf pro with more bass and mids and closer to the S.S you were using than the paf pro is
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                the X2N is too damn hot to really be useful in a high gain amp
                it has more friggin power than a EMG 81 or 85!
                that is SICK!
                The X2N is awesome, really does blow away the EMGs if you want to stick to passive. And you can always turn the gain down on your amp, or lower the pickup, so it's not overpowering, you know?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X