No announcement yet.

JACKSON PHIL COLLEN Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGR has never been known for the high quality of their pics. If I get a chance, I'll go check it out. But $1899??? Good grief...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Wow... that's an original finish?
      I notice yours is shiney... the one in the ad looks "foggy" with an orange peel texture.
      There can´t be too many of these floating around, and I´m glad I stumbled across it... and happier still that I got it for $500.

The "orange peel texture" on that other one might be an illusion caused by the pretty heavy pearl-effect in the finish... it´s hard to photograph and didn´t really show up properly in any of my pics either.

I was actually pretty surprised to see how much a Collen Pro differs from a Collen PCS... the arching of the Pro is much more pronounced, thicker in the middle and thinner at the edges. Several of the cuts around the horns and the back are different as well. It´s really, really heavy too... but still supremely comfy.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so Hi everyone...and an owner of a PC Pro since 1993 (mine's a 1992 J200182 I bought as 'used' as it had been played by French session player Rudy Roberts on the Starmania tour of 1992, for £350). I've gigged mine solidly ever since for 1000s of dates and it always holds tune, sounds amazing with a SD JB bridge and a Lil '59 in the neck. I had a dual concentric pot fitted so I get a tone control too and this makes it massively versatile. If you see one, buy one...I'd love one of the black metallic ones but have NEVER seen one for real. anyway hi to all of you and here's me and mine at a recent gig...

Cheers

Pete http://www.snakebiteuk.com

Comment

Working...
        X