Help identifying little jackson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying little jackson....

Hi all. I' trying to identify this guitar. I think it's a USA jackson, don't know which.

http://digilander.libero.it/nn41/jackson/jackson.htm

Any hints?
    SN# on the neck-plate is 913047
    thx in advance

Well the neck is from a Japanese Jackson (all "Professional" logoed headstocks are MIJ)

I'm gonna say the body is a (Charvel) Fusion Special (also Japanese).

Anything else on the plate besides the #?

Interesting mutt!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm sure the guitar has not been modified during the years. Anyway I don't understand why there's no SN on the headstock.
      Kinda misteriously, isn't it?

Comment

No, bolt-ons usually have the ser# on the neckplate.

If you're sure it hasn't been modded then it's probably a Jackson Fusion of some sort.

Edit: Just saw the neckplate
        Last edited by RacerX; 10-20-2006, 03:29 AM. Reason: I didn't look at all the pics
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Looks like a mutt to me. The neck looks like a fusion but it's hard to tell. I like the p/u combination.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

never seen a Jackson Fusion like it. I think Ron may have picked it - Jackson Fusion neck with a Charvel Fusion Special body.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

That body looks like it could be from one of those cheap Charvels with the 2 single coil sized hums at the bridge, but they only had 22 frets.....

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page13.htm
              Last edited by neilli; 10-20-2006, 06:42 AM.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yep, I vote for 275 body and fusion neck. Considering the fusion neck was 24 3/4" scale, it should work ok, no?
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

On page 19 of that same catalog is a 24 fret charvel fusion special. It's the same other than the # of frets. Fusion special also has the beveled cutaway that doesn't appear to be on the 275. I am not sure the 275 is 24 3/4 scale, but the fusion special is.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Definitely a Charvel body. No production Jacksons had the forward-angled bridge pickup. 3-single models (like the Warrior Pro) were slanted backwards.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My vote is Charvel body it has no rear scalopping around the neck plate area
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not all of them did have the neckplate scallop.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X