Roswell Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roswell Rhoads

Hey guys. I'm thinking of buying one of these but i need to know a few things first.

How are the necks on these things? typical jackson neck?

How is the balance? anything like a usual RR?

How is the hardware? and how does the body wood compare to others? (poplar)
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Neck is good - can't compare it to anything myself because I always get stuff that no one else does

I mean, it's like a JacksonStars NASL neck. Anybody here got one besides me?

It's thinner than the current DK-2 necks, though. Dunnow if it's as thin as a Mustaine Pro, or a PCS Rhoads.

Anyhoo, the balance is about like a typical RR - neck heavy unless you have a grippy strap (I used a Dunlop cotton ClipLock with mine - regular nylon straps let it slip).

Hardware's good enough.

Body wood is as good as any other Jackson Pro.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cheers Newc. The balance of the RR never really bothered me. I usually used Levy straps that seemed to hug you the more you sweated
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

poplar is a good wood...my music man is poplar, and i like its tone as well as either of my Jacksons. lots of people bash it, but i think its very similar tone-wise to alder, just a slightly softer midrange i think.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

the import roswell i had was really cool. it was much lighter than a Rhoads though.

sometimes i wish i still had it.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I love everything about except the balance, which plain sucks IMO. My USA RR's balance awesome, best guitars ever to play standing up, but the RWR's balance is terrible. That said, buy one, they look insanely cool!
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Mine sits in a friggin glass case (#124). I wouldn't know why I'd ever want to play it except to make sure it worked. The only reason I wanted it was because it was on the back cover of a guitar magazine back in the day and I thought I would never be able buy one in my life. Pure eye candy. It would be cool to know where in the world they all are.........
              -LEVIATHAN

Comment

Well, for starters, you've got the USA model - aluminum and all that - this is the Import section (of course, if you're not in America, I guess it would be an import )

Anyhoo, I've had 3 - one USA (#14) and 2 imports. The USA is pure eye-candy. It sounds like a National Resophonic. Plays great, but the sound is horrible. Sold it not too long after I got it.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I hate my duncan designed pickups in it. I rarely play mine though I might start playing it more when (if) I change out the pickup. I don't like the placement of the jack either... It's not a bad guitar, you just may want to look into changing out the pickup
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'm also kind of interested in one but what do these run price wise?

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                      I'm also kind of interested in one but what do these run price wise?
                      yea same i would love one.prolly cost a fortune as im in australia
                      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

I miss the 2 imports I had but they're just to small for me to play, besides that they're pretty sweet!
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

I had one. Incredible looking guitar. So cool.

However, the balance DOES blow. To me, it was basically unplayable.

As much as I loved to look at it hanging on my wall, when GAS struck for something else...it was the first to go.

Comment

How much for a Roswell Rhoads with case, picks and strap???
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Just curious ... is this an "import" or a USA model?
                              http://www.themusiczoo.com/jacksonus...oadsRSW134.htm

I've never really seen these guitars close up ... are they all bolt-ons?
                              Or is that the distinction between the USA and "imports"?

Just curious.
                              Last edited by Model1VH2; 05-17-2007, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X