New Help with year of Manufacture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Help with year of Manufacture

I am a newbie and have a jackson professional Dinky I would like to find out when it was made. 606838 is the serial number. I am not allowed to post attachments so I will describe it. 24 frets, shakefin inlays, the back of the body is black and the front is a flamed purple burst (more pinkish), and duncan designed pickups.

I'll take a stab and say mid to late 90s.. somebody else might be able to pinpoint it a little better than that.
    Welcome, newbie!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. After I posted this I went looking on that website with the catalogs. I think it maybe a 96 or 97 DX1 with the transparent violet finish.

Comment

here is a picture
        http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ksonProDX1.jpg

Comment

IIRC a serial beginning with 6 is MIJ 1996, and welcome to the board!
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I have no clue what it might be, but that's a beautiful finish! Welcome to the JCF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6
              the front is a flamed purple burst (more pinkish)
              The color is called trans violet, one of my fav colours
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I love the color purple and I saw this guitar on ebay and had to buy it. The pictures had been altered to make it look like a darker bluer purple. I jumped on the buy in now so I think I paid too much. I have never seen another like this. I have seen the quilted ones, but not this one. I was a little disappointed in the color but it is still a great looking guitar and it plays great too. I keep wanting to buy another model6/soloist, but after playing this right after my model 6 I think I just need to upgrade the pickups in this one to make it my #1 used away from home. My charvel I don't like to take out of the house because I have had it for 18 years and it has a very low Serial number.

Comment

Working...
                X