A few words on the jackson imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few words on the jackson imports

I wanted to say a few things about the imports after owning 3 now(DXMG,DX10,RR-3) and playing many in the last year
    These are simply put the best imports for the money
    I dont get the same quality vibe from say ibanez,schecter,LTD,etc that i do from the jackson stuff
    I cant believe how great these things make me play and sound!

all of my imports have a emg 81/60 set and soon will have a OFR in plce of the not all that bad JT580lp
    the 580 is really not that bad at all but i prefer the OFR's and since these can be retrofited with no mods why the hell not!
    anyway has anyone else here ever thought that maybe these $400-$600 imports are of a much higher dollar quality? in other words you felt that for the $400 or $600 you paid you got a guitar that played and sounded like a $1000 and up axe?
    I know i do!
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

You don't even have the good ones LOL! Try scoring an older (1990) Fusion, Kelly, Soloist or Warrior Professional with the bound ebony and MOP inlays. They smoke!

For newer ones, I have a DK-2 and a Kelly Star - both excellent! The KS has an 81b/85n combo with an SPC boost. I'd like to try a 60 in the neck.

Comment

Imports

I have found that the imports have been very good even since the ealy 90's. I have a 92 Fusion HH that I absolutely love and wouldn't trade for anything.

Comment

Well my Jackson Soloist Archtop Pro certainly plays and sounds incredible, and I paid only a little over 400 Euros for it used!

But I also agree on the newer imports... my COW DK6 is right up there, feels and sounds way greater than the 600 Euros I paid for it.

And though these two have become my main axes, I still love to play my other japanese imports (KVX10, DKMGT)... all of them are full of mojo and definitely keepers.
        Even my JS30WR is great for the money, and the only reason it doesn't get that much attention is because the Warrior shape is the least comfortable for me...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
          You don't even have the good ones LOL!
          well i guess i would drop dead playing one of those then!
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Warrior Pro's Baby Warrior Pro's
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

I agree. I've even been playing my JS30RR more than my KE-1 lately. Then of course there's my SLSMG. Still need to throw some actives in there, but otherwise another very impressive import.
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

My main player is an import, my Dr-X
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

My imports get pretty even playing time. I enjoy them. They are all of great quality.

Comment

Yep, I got a few, all high quality: KVX10 (main player), DXMG, Warrior Pro.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The original Jackson imports (Professional) from 1990 through about 1993 were the finest. The new imports can't hold water in comparison. Talk about the specs: ebony boards, mop sharks, mop logo inlay, head/neck binding, Schaller JT-590 trems, Jackson active electronics and USA pickups.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Just a reminder though, not all Professionals had all those specs...only the PRO line.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron is correct.I have a 92 fusion H-H that is beat to shit but it is hands down the best sounding and playing guitar I have.Of course it has an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit switchcraft toggle and jack and two OLD Duncan distortions and the trusty JT-580 LP it came with.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine
                            My main player is an import, my Dr-X
                            Yeah, but you need to get rid of that middle single coil :P

I find that japanese imports up until they started using duncan designed pu's and crome hardware are very reliable and look good as well. I had a KV3 from 1999, and the volume pot, tone pot and switch died within a few months of me buying it (new by the way). The crome on the bridge also rubbed off in a few places. I know that the pots and switch are cheap to change but I just expect more from a guitar at that price level. I also have a KE3 from way back, before the hardware and pu's were changed and it sounds almost as good as my KE1. The quality of the hardware is also way better than the KV3 was.

Incidentally, I think they should bring back the KV3 or the KV4. It would be awesome with black hardware and duncan pu's ala the 2006 pro series.
                            Last edited by levantin; 07-27-2006, 03:39 AM.
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I like my DK2 EDS...it sees more playing time than my RG-570/ Jem 7 DBK. Mebbe it's just a phase. I think probably my ears were just tiring of the DiMarzio/basswood combination.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                              X