pics of Flametop SLSMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of Flametop SLSMG

Hi all, I just got a new Flametop SLSMG, and I took some pictures today of it. Anyhow, this guitar was purchased alongside an Ibanez RGA121, so I could have the best of both fixed bridge worlds.

Anyhow, REALLY impressed with the quality on this unit. The tuners/bridge/inlays/etc are all solid and quality. The quality of the flametop is GREAT, and more impressive is the ebony. It's a perfect piece. No cracks, no shrinking, etc. It's better then THREE Jackson USA's I have owned. IT was a lucky guitar to receive such a piece.

The guitar itself plays great, and these EMG passive's arent that bad sounding at all. The guitar is super light and a treat to play.

However, it has one thing that Im not to keen on, the painted neck. Essentially, the Ibanez I also picked up is very similar, with the bolted on neck finished in a satin. Im gonna keep the Ibanez and flip this so I can afford intels new Core 2 Duo laptops that are just coming out. As much as I want to keep it, I would end up sanding the neck and destroying its value, so it's gonna go to someone who wants a quality guitar. (im gonna list it on Ebay, to be honest, id like good $$$ for it, as it cost me 800$ to bring over here (cdn funds) as well as a 50$ case!

Here's some pictures!

I thought the upcoming release of Core 2 Duo was the desktop version of the Core Duo for laptops.

Anyways, I just bought a new Dell E1505 few days ago.
    Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz/667Mhz/2x1Mb L2 Cache
    15.4" Ultrasharp SXGA+ w/ TrueLife (1680x1050)
    1GB DDR2 SDRAM
    128MB Radeon x1300
    60Gig Sata Drive
    24x CD Burner/DVD ROM
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Intel Pro Wireless

Priced at Dell now is about $1100 shipped (after $200 off), I scored for $730 shipped. For about 6hrs, they allowed stackable coupons which I used 35% + 5%. Perfect deal for school I'm about to go back to after long hiatus.

As well, I'll also be selling a guitar (or several) to assist in financing.
    Good luck
    Nice guitar, sell the Ibanez!

Comment

damn, we dont get those coupons in Canada, ive never seen any deals like some of Dell's crazy coupon days where you can get a laptop like yours for that kind of price

Comment

Please tell us when you are putting it up on Ebay ... I'm really interested in it!

Do you have pics of the profile? neck?
        Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
        Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
        Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

cows, its up on the Bay, search around , not hard to find. The more I play it though, the more im thinking about cancelling the auction :s

Comment

I seriously can't find it (I'm an idiot). Is it on Ebay.ca? Whats the auction #?

Edit: I just found it!
            Last edited by I like Cows; 07-22-2006, 07:48 PM.
            Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
            Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
            Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

Definitely the prettiest finish of the SLSMG's!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Just wanted to post a little update.

these pickups in this thign are TERRIFIC! I expected complete crap, but Ive never had easier harmonics in my life, and even the cleans sound great.

I've been super impressed by this thing honestly, the neck profile is great and its been holding good tune. I REALLY recommend anyone looking at an SL2Ht to try one of these instead. If I sat down and played both (aside from the lighter profile) I dont think I could tell the difference in quality and playability!

Thumbs up JAckson, now make one in trans green and oil the neck

Comment

That's a beauty. Sorry it isn't a keeper for you Gemini.

How do you find the sustain? If I may ask.

Comment

Wixed..... Im a firm believer in the "neck thru's dont offer more sustain"

It's a solid well built instrument, but it sustains no different then my bolt on Peavey Wolfgang hard tail bridges. IT's an argument thats been done to death, but any quality well built instrument should offer good sustain (having a hardtail stringthru certainly helps!!)

Comment

nice guitar - it's one of those limited editions - 100 x trans red, 100 x trans black. i want another guitar but i'm supposed to be saving up for a mac mini and line6 ux2.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X