My pawn shop acquisition....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pawn shop acquisition....

Looks to be a DXMGT in trans black.......it had a horrible setup and needed a cleanup but after I adjusted the action and trussrod it rips! I have not had a dinky since my 93' reverse and this has a very similar feel. The HZ's are ok and I will give them a chance before I rip them out. Overall I am very impressed.....

Todd
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Nice, set you back alot or were you lucky?
    Looks good anyway, ive never had a reverse headstock, what are they like to tune?

Comment

looks good, Todd. MGs haven't been out that long - I marvel out how they get so messed up in such a short time. I imagine the last owner getting rid of it because it was unplayable, but a couple of tweaks and you've got yourself a great guitar.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

It has a couple of dings on the lower edge but nothing bad.....it is in really good shape. I have no idea what year it is, is there a import serial reference somewhere?

I have had several reverse headstock guitars and it does take some getting use to at first but its second nature after a while.

As for the price.......$100 out the door. I thought it was a misprint or it had some hidden "issue" but when the clerk rang it up he said it was $99 before tax and I said that I would do it for $100 out the door and he went for it. Needless to say I am stoked!

Todd

Comment

Awesome score!

I paid $350 from MF. I love the rev neck. I find that since it doesn't lock that the rev headstock is actually easier to reach the tuners.

It's even trans black

Comment

Originally posted by gtrcollectr
            I have no idea what year it is, is there a import serial reference somewhere?
            Somewhere!

What is the ser#? I'll take an educated guess.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have a line on a 2005 (I think) with the 81/85 combo for $250 which I think is a great deal.Trans black too.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's a DKMGT. The DXMGT was a GC limited run with the SLS headstock.

Comment

My first jackson was a DKMGT, It was a sad day when it went up on ebay, but needed the money to fund my first USA so i got over it pretty quickly
                  If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                    It's a DKMGT. The DXMGT was a GC limited run with the SLS headstock.
                    Damn newbies LOL!

Like Sunbane said, a DK has an arched top. The DX is not arched.

Comment

Then it is definately a DKMGT, #9674266

As far as being a Noob.......Ive been here a while but I am mainly a lurker, I don't post that much but lately my Jackson interest has peaked again. Kinda like the Ebb and Flow of GAS.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by gtrcollectr
                        a DKMGT, #9674266
                        Around 2003
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks RacerX...

Comment

Working...
                          X