I tried a DK2M today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried a DK2M today...

Through a Boogie .22 and a tech 21 sans amp tri AC distortion.

Well I didn't like the guitar because of the overall feel (too thin neck ). But the neck was FLAWLESS and I mean FLAWLESS.
    Not a single sharp fret. I couldn't even FEEL the frets through the binding. Whereas usually you can feel them a little.
    But this time, smooth as hell.
    So yeah. GREAT quality guitar I felt.
    I also didn't feel that the JB was that 'midspikey'. I liked it. But it's not very tight on the lower frequencies. I'd make it a distortion.
    Also... 09s stock... I HATED the feel of it. Maybe it'd feel better with 11s (what I usually use) but meh... I don't know. Not for me I guess. It was a GOOD guitar though. And priced cheaper than the standard 2006 DK2 for some reason. Way worth it if you like it.
    I'll try the DK2 someday. But so far it seems I'm not really fan of the Jackson imports feel for some reason.

If you felt a DK2 from the last few years, and THEN picked up the new one, you'd LOVE Jackson imports!

Comment

If you use 11's and they're set up for 9's that might be enough to kill it for you right there. You should see if you can play one setup more to your liking

Comment

Yeah maybe it'd be enough... With a Distortion and different electronics (two volume pots) it may be worth it. But I didn't 'click' with the neck. I was sad because it was a GREAT guitar, for a very good price.
        Last edited by pott; 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised that you found the neck too thin, but I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to. I played a show with my DK2M last night, but practice earlier in the day with a Dinky XL Pro, and despite being very similar guitars, the DK2M has a thicker neck. Thicker than the Dinky JDX I brought as backup as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Well the guitars I have now (two model series and a Kramer Stagemaster) all have thin necks too. But for some reason they feel much better and more comfortable than the DK2's.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone
              I'm surprised that you found the neck too thin, but I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to. I played a show with my DK2M last night, but practice earlier in the day with a Dinky XL Pro, and despite being very similar guitars, the DK2M has a thicker neck. Thicker than the Dinky JDX I brought as backup as well.
              Just what I think too. The DK2M has a thick neck for sure, more thicker than my '92 DK1 and also thicker than my RR1. It's similar to my ATpro neck, maybe also a bit beefer...

Comment

I thought the neck on the DK2M felt great. The setup w/ 9s doesnt bother me as most of my guitars are setup w/ 9-46 (as opposed to 9-42), so very similar feel to me. Definantly thinking of a trans black one to add to the family.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Hey Pott,

My DK2 is pretty thin, not Ibanez Wizard thin, but thin. The neck is wide though.

Just checkin' up on ya.

Comment

jackson has the necks on the dk2 and dk2M the same?
                    both are listed to be
                    .735 1st fret and .810 12th fret?
                    is it a typo on the jackson site?
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

It would not be the only one though

Comment

Either they vary a lot, or a lot of people here are full of shit. My DK2M is pretty chunky feeling compared to other dinkys I have, or have had.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                          Either they vary a lot, or a lot of people here are full of shit.
                          I like the latter theory!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I guess one of my DX10D's or both my RX10D's must be thick as a stump then. Those have a thicker neck than my DK2.

Comment

I really like my dk2m the neck feels great I have 2 other dk2's & yes the dk2m is chunkier.
                              “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Working...
                              X