I'm new here .. hello / about me / guitar pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here .. hello / about me / guitar pic

Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I am happy to now be part of a forum for my favorite guitars. I thought I’d tell you guys a little about myself and show a pic of my guitars. I’m 34, married and have a daughter about to turn 5. That being said, you can probably understand I don’t have nearly as much time as I would like for playing guitar and recording songs. I do what I can, when I can. Guitar is just a hobby for me (although my wife would tell you I’m obsessed). I did notice while looking around the forum today, I see some familiar names from the megadeth forums. My name here is the same as there … wichitadave so hello to any who frequent both forums.

Now onto the guitars.

Red one – actually a Kramer XLIII from the late eighties. I put a King V professional neck on it myself and added an EMG 81 in the bridge (the only functioning pup). It sounds great and plays like a dream. When that neck was on the KV pro I accidentally banged the headstock into my drumset while turning around with the guitar hanging off me which broke the corner off near the low E tuning key. I still have the piece to glue back on, I just haven’t. That old V was given to a friend to do custom paint and he unfortunately flaked out on me so I never got it back – hence the neck going on this guitar.

The King V - I bought on ebay last summer and it came with the EMG 81/85 setup and included the Jackson hardshell case. The auction stated it was pre-fender with alder body .. who knows. It plays great and sounds good as well. I still have the BLACK trem from the old King V, so that will go into this soon so I can black it out. Then this gunmetal/silver setup will go into the red guitar.

The Rhoads is an RR3 I just bought 2 weeks ago from a kid on the megadeth forums. I already had the Charvel/Jackson logo case for it from the King V professional I used to have. It will get updated pups soon (deciding between the usual EMG 81/85 or the Dave Mustaine Live Wires).

I look forward to your comments and future conversations.

ROCK ON!

-Dave
    Last edited by wichitadave; 06-18-2006, 08:29 AM.

Okay, grrrrrrrr at posting a pic. I don't get it .. I'll post that pic when I figure out how to do it. I'm used to having a button to click to add a pic to the post ... using this [img] ... well you see the result.

Comment

welcome! good opening post.

to post a pic, you need to have the pic hosted online somewhere first.

Following this handy guide - it'll have you posting in no time:
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome. Dave! You mean you never posted pics at the MD forum?

I got 2 King Vs myself; look forward to seeing yours... when you post the pic give us the ser# too so we can ID it exactly.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I may even be able to narrow the down the year, also.
          Last edited by RacerX; 06-19-2006, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here!

Just be sure to read the rules and don't go posting your own ebay auctions or try to sell something out of classifieds section.

Comment

Welcome
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Thanks for the picture posting help VitaminG.

RacerX, yes I meant for this to go in the Import Jackson forum. I guess in my frustration with posting a pic, I accidentally posted in the Charvel side ... silly me.

Mods can move this over there if they like.

Thanks to all for the greeting.

Here is the King V serial # 9629857

Here is the Rhoads ser # 9682518

Comment

Nice guitars! Welcome to the playground!

Comment

Welcome Dave!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by wichitadave
                      Here is the King V serial # 9629857

Here is the Rhoads ser # 9682518
                      That King V is a KV3 from around 1999-2000, so yes it is "pre-Fender" (like that matters), but the body wood is poplar.

The RR3 is around 2002-03, alder.

Both were made in Japan.

Comment

Thanks for the info RacerX! The first King V I had which the kramer's neck came from was made of poplar .... seemed fine to me. Pre or post fender doesn't matter to me, that is just the info that was stated in the auction. More money backing the company is a good idea as far as i'm concerned.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads on here!
                        Last edited by wichitadave; 06-18-2006, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Welcome Dave. I recommend a "drool rag" if u plan on checking out the guitars here!

Comment

well a bib works for me...lol

Comment

Welcome wichitadave,

I also have the same japanese RR3 in transparent blue with default Duncan Designed pups (but reversed neck-headstock). The playability is fantastic (very thin neck .. just how I like it).

I was thinking about changing them for some EMG 81/85. If you do put some of those in your axe, dont forget to post some sound picks and it might get me into getting them too

Enjoy your new Jackie!
                              Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
                              Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
                              Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

Working...
                              X