Hey! Another newb!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Another newb!!!

Okay, so I have a question about my wife's old Jackson Dinky. Wondering what year, and if it's possibly a parts guitar. It's got three PU's, 2 SC 1 HB, a non-recessed licensed floyd, 3 way toggle, master volume, master tone. The strange thing is the tone and volume are barely an inch apart, where my 94 dinky pro they're in the standard dinky positions. There is no serial number on the bare neckplate. The strange thing is the fretboard. It's 23(?) frets. There's double dots at the end of the fretboard after the 23rd fret (where the serial number is normally stamped), and in between the dots there is a 2 stamped on the fretboard (sorry, no pic ability right now). Searched the forums already, found nothing. Please take it easy on me guys, i'm pretty sure i posted this in the correct spot. And it's not like i'm trying to sell the thing unlike most of the newb posts I've seen.
    EAOS: 28JUN09

Heh
    Welcome newb!
    Your wife plays? That is cool, what about you?

Originally posted by drockilles
    and in between the dots there is a 2 stamped on the fretboard
    Ruh roh!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome drockilles, i've been picturing your wifes guitar and i'm empty. Toggle switch, 23 fret, dots, no real serial Dinky...?! What does it say on the headstock?

I personally need pics to be of any help.
      Last edited by jackson1; 06-15-2006, 06:38 PM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey guys. Yes, I play too. (Of course, the night I met my wife and she told me she played a Jackson, I knew I had to marry her). I have the Dinky Rvs Pro mentioned, a '98 KE-1, and a SLSMG. Been faithful to Jackson ever since I picked one up. Anyway, I'll try and post pics in the future, no camera available right now. Good to see I'm not the only one stumped on this. Oh, and it has the standard Jackson headstock/logo.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

After careful consideration and with the extensive info given here i can safely say, that it is a .... guitar. A weird one, but a guitar
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            Heh
            Welcome newb!
            Your wife plays? That is cool, what about you?
            Originally posted by drockilles
            where my 94 dinky pro they're in the standard dinky positions.
            how's your comprehension, Ron

welcome, drockilles. Got no idea what your wife's guitar is. That's a real stumper. So the "24th fret" dots are sitting on the little tab of fretboard after the last fret? Very odd!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey man, go police somebody else's posts, like Firebirdz'.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

but Ken's not here. And you're so cute when you're angry!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

The "2" stamped on the fretboard would suggest that the guitar is a factory second. If that's the case, it might explain the blank neck plate, as some seconds are sold without serial numbers so that a buyer doesn't try to claim that a flaw (cause for "second" status) ought to be covered under warranty. Did this guitar by any chance come from Music Go Round, or perhaps a liquidator of some kind?

Another possibility is that it is indeed a parts guitar, which would account for the blank neck plate and unusual control layout. If it has 23 frets, does it intonate properly? Is there a brand logo (Jackson, Schaller, etc.) on the trem? Have you taken the neck off to check the pocket for some sort of identification? There's a lot of detective work you can do, although it might lead you nowhere if it's a parts mutt.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome dude

Comment

Working...
                    X