Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better high fret access - Jackson Soloist or Ibanez RGT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better high fret access - Jackson Soloist or Ibanez RGT?

so i went to the local chop-shop just before closing time, and picked an Ibanez RGT42 off the hook. heavy mofo since i think it's made of mahogany, but i noticed that the high fret access was quite good on it. not perfect up to 24, but certainly to 22. yeah, i know, it's not that much further to the 24th.

anyhoo, they didn't have any Soloists there, so i couldn't compare. does anyone have any idea if the Jackson Soloist (SL3 specifically) has even better access? maybe the bottom horn joins the neck at a different point, or is shaved more?

i already have a KE3 Kelly on order (yeah, i know, much WORSE fret access), but now i'm also thinkig of a Soloist in the near future.

Damn, I could have sworn I just read this on the HC forums LOL!

Good luck, there maybe a few people on this forum that have both brands of guitars, but not many. You might have to track down an SL3 in a shop and compare for yourself.

Comment

I have played, and owned both. That would be sweating over VERY small stuff as on both guitars the 24th fret is easy to access. You simply have to change your fretting hand position a little as with any guitar.

Either way, theres no reason to choose one over the other, and both are quality guitars.

Comment

hehe! yeah, my posts on HC seem to sink like a stone when i have actual honest questions.

thanks for the "pretty well the same", gemini8026! i'd likely go for the Soloist SL3 over the Ibanez simply cuz the Ib felt kinda heavy and i wasn't sure how long i could put up with volute at the nut area. besides, the SL3 in transparent blue would look EXTREMELY good

Comment

all i know is that the RGT42 is not as good a guitar as the soloist and that matters to me more than anything
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

In soloist its for sure more easy to get to the high frets,
            Because in soloist the heel is more shaved.
            This one of the reasons the i gonna buy a SL3.

Comment

Working...
            X