For those who already or will own a DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who already or will own a DK2M

Get me pumped up so I can bite the bullet and buy one lol. I love my Charvel M1 and have yet to buy my first Jackson. When I seen a pic of the white DK2M I fell in love. I never really thought I would like maple boards until I bought my Charvel M1. Seriously, the M1 is the guitar I play the most and I own a Gibson V and Japan Ibanez RG as well. The price is disgustingly low for such a badass guitar. I guarantee this will be their highest selling import guitar.
    Last edited by Death Angel; 06-14-2006, 09:11 AM.

I'd like one in white. I am not a fan of the strat body, but these look like great guitars for the money. The black sharks and binding on maple are the major cause of my gas.

I'll probably wait a while until they start showing up used, so I can get a really sweet deal on one.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

at the rate these things are selling, and as much as i'd love to have one myself, methinks you'll be hard pushed to find a used one until after the next namm show when the next hottest import is released.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I love mine in every way except maybe the bridge hum, but that's subjective. All in all a fantastic guitar in the price range. I'd say if you're holding out for a used one you'll probably have to wait a year or so before they get stupid cheap. I originally wanted white too, but the red is growing on me!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Dude, that Inferno Red is WAY sweet. I almost got it in that color but opted for the Crimson Swirl instead.. I'm definitely happy with the CS but that inferno just looks beautiful!

Death Angel you won't be sorry if you get this axe-- plays beautifually, looks sharp, and sounds great.
          The only thing I'd change (I might do this if/when I get around to it) is that I personally would prefer a custom in the bridge spot over the JB. Probably some time this summer I'll do that swap and then I'll be a super happy camper

Comment

Mine has a super 3 it her now, helped darken the sound and add mids a bit. My only gripe is the sustain block(light and small) and the trem arm(becomes loose very easy) but this is an inexpensive import guitar and is a great value IMO. See if you can find one to try out.

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I am away on a trip right now but just found out that my DK2M in Crimson Swirl was delivered by UPS today. Can't wait to see it (will post pics too, of course)!

Comment

Finally got home to my Crimson Swirl! Here's a quick pic, which I realize is of very poor quality. I will post better ones soon:

It needs a setup, and the neck on mine is pretty chunky for my tastes, but I love the guitar. The finish is so beautiful, it's mesmerizing. The quality, in terms of fit and finish, appears to be excellent. I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but based on past experience, will probably replace the JB with a DiMarzio Evolution or an SD Custom Custom. I'd also like to swap the 3-way blade switch for a 5-way version - and I definitely plan to contact Budman for some nice, brushed metal backplates. This beauty deserves 'em!

Comment

Oh man, those crimson swirl ones are sweet. Congrats.

I was going to order a white one but, evertime I see one in the CS finish it makes me want one more and more.

Comment

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I'm just glad that when I sought my first Jackson the only way to get one was USA custom...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah Joe, those were the good 'ol days huh! You could pay 4 times the price and get the same quality!
                      (just kiddin ya!)
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I have an article about it in May 2006 Guitarist Magazine. I can scan it if you guys want (and there is no serious copywrite issues).

I would love this guitar in desert yellow, with green or pink covers on pups! Looking sorta like a jem777dy. Killer 80's look. I've been thinking seriously about getting this guitar ... I'd probably have to settle with snow white.
                        Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
                        Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
                        Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

I WANT one... They're 400 pounds here in the UK which is 100 more than a Mexistrat, and 100 less than a highway 1 for instance. For just as much guitar with at least better hardware... But there's no way in hell I can come up that much money though

Comment

Hey,on the german ebay you can buy one for much less than 400pounds.

Comment

Ok, here are the scans ... enjoy!
                              You can maximize the image to make it readable.
                              Guitars featured: DKMG, KE3 and DK2M

http://plaza.ufl.edu/ckottar/scan0001.jpg

http://plaza.ufl.edu/ckottar/scan0002.jpg

http://plaza.ufl.edu/ckottar/scan0005.jpg

http://plaza.ufl.edu/ckottar/scan0004.jpg
                              Jackson RR3 (Japan, single EMG81)
                              Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Plus (American, Lace Gold Sensors)
                              Collings MT Mandolin

Comment

Working...
                              X