Help me verify this is a DKMG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me verify this is a DKMG.

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:48 AM.
    Just a guitar player...

Sounds like a DXMG instead. And with that serial number, the early Made in India version. I would stay away at that price, considering you could get a used Japanese made version for the same money or less in some cases(ebay). AMS is discounting the 05 DXMG for just a little more.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...2_46_108.html#

Edit: here is a pic of the MII version with the JT500 trem:

http://www.theguitarfactory.com/itemid/1919/#

Edit: I reread your post and saw you mentioned the long type string lock bolts/screws.

Edit: Nevermind. I REreread your post and the JT 500 screws would be considered long compared to a low pro type.
    Last edited by Jacksonfan; 06-10-2006, 01:56 AM.
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Sounds to me it is a Made In India DXMG with the JT500 trem rather then the JT580LP that is fitted on the Japanese DXMG's.

Comment

What Jacksonfan said.

That DK2 is a way better deal. Just get it + some black hardware. Or look for a 2002+ DXMG.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:48 AM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Recessed route, No. All modern standard import floyd equipped Jacksons have a recessed route. If it's a DXMG, DX10D, KX10D, RX10D and has a JT500 trem, yep, MII. The Performer series guitars were equipped with the JT500 as well. Both Japanese and Korean made versions. The JT 500 is a knock off of the JT590/Schaller floyd like the one pictured on my Fusion Pro below. The JT590 is miles beyond the JT500 in quality however. Really the only similarity between the two is appearance.

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Well I went and played it (the MII), it seemed to have decent resonance. The action seemed to be a little high relatively on the upper frets, maybe because the trem maybe seemed to be a little high and the truss might need to be adjusted to flatten it a bit. I didn't feel any sharp frets. I'm gonna go back again and try it out, but go with my allen wrenches because the nut was locked down and it seemed to have been tuned up, and to lower the trem posts. I'm still leaning to getting the MIJ posted above, but if CA offers me some insane deal I might get it.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
              X