Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about KE3 crimson swirl finish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about KE3 crimson swirl finish???

Hey all,

First off wanna say that I am new to the forum. Well havent posted yet but been lurkin for a while. So Im GASing for a KE3 Kelly Pro. And Im trying to decide if i wanna get it in trans red or the crimson swirl which is what am leaning toward at the moment although i have a question. I was lookin around the Seymour Duncan forums and found this pic:
    <p>http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ohg/ke3001.jpg
    <p> It looks to me like the finish is pixelated. Not sure if it was just the lens on this guys camera tho. But the pickups and everything else look sharper. I know all the swirl finishes i have seen are the same pattern so I was wondering if Jackson just prints out the swirl graphic and then paints on top of it?? If anyone has a crimson swirl finish look closely and see if this is the case. Its such a bad ass finish but that would really bother me and I wouldnt be able to live with it. So if anyone can check this out for me I'd appreciate it. ROCK ON!

Check this thread, it might help a bit

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47746
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

The picture you have posted is not the KE3 as sold brand new. A new one only has the Duncan Designed pickups (aka "Detonators"). Choosing your finish depends on how much you're willing to spend. Naturally, the graphic finishes will push the price up. In the UK it costs £350 for a plain finish version, £400 for translucent, and upto £500 for Crimson Swirl. I would never pay £700 for the Skulls graphic!

EDIT: oops! someone beat me to selecting "POST QUICK REPLY"
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-06-2006, 03:01 PM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

the new KE3s have real Duncans, not Duncan Designeds. Although, that one looks to be an earlier one with a swapped out bridge pickup.

now let's get this thread back on topic.....

Crimson Swirl is an actual finish. It covers all sides of the guitar, and you can see from the way it wraps around the sides that it's not a print. I think any pixelation you are seeing in that pic is in the pic itself.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey thanks for the responses guys. Man Im definately dyin for one of these now. Most likely im gonna pick up a 2005 model tho and just upgrade all the hardware and pickups myself when i get more cash. I figure other than the upgraded trem and pickups on the 2006 it should essentially be the same guitar right? Been messing around with the custom shop generator and I got some sweet mockups goin of what Id like to do. Il make sure to post when I get them the way I like. Thanks again guys. later.

Comment

As corrected by smartypants upstairs, the 2006 ke3 comes with real duncans. The question is whether you can find a 2005 version cheap enough to justify replacing the pickups. If it works out the same, you may as well avoid setting it up and get a 2006 version.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I know the owner of the above KE-3, it has both duncans dimebucker, and a 59 neck, he's a big Dime fan.

And I've seen much ebtter pics of that guitar, and that finish is bitchin...

I'll try and fish around for them....

I've never seen a bad CS, on an import...

Ozz

Comment

Working...
              X