Slsmg Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slsmg Questions...

Okay, I am thinking of possibly buying a SLSMG Soloist.
    1- How does it compare to the DKMG..playablilty wise, I know sustain is better, etc...
    2- Is it really ALL mahogony? Not Alder wood?
    3- It does have a painted neck, right? How sticky is it compared with a KE2?(which I think is actually fast..)
    4- How much are they on eBay? In CAD!
    5- Does it have a tunamatic bridge, or the JT390..and what is the difference?
    6- Piranha or sharkfins? I thought they were sharkfins..or is the site wrong?
    7-Pics please!

Anybody with experience, please share!
    Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 06-04-2006, 02:46 PM.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...2&src=3SOSWXXA
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I just bought a trans red one in mint condition on ebay for 675, is that a fair price, or a bit of an overpay?!?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP
        Okay, I am thinking of possibly buying a SLSMG Soloist.
        1- How does it compare to the DKMG..playablilty wise, I know sustain is better, etc...
        2- Is it really ALL mahogony? Not Alder wood?
        3- It does have a painted neck, right? How sticky is it compared with a KE2?(which I think is actually fast..)
        4- How much are they on eBay? In CAD!
        5- Does it have a tunamatic bridge, or the JT390..and what is the difference?
        6- Piranha or sharkfins? I thought they were sharkfins..or is the site wrong?
        7-Pics please!

Anybody with experience, please share!
        1- don't know
        2- yes
        3- painted, stickyness depends on the finish - the satin black is baby smooth
        4- don't know about CAD, but they run between $550 and $700 or so on ebay, and probably a little less now that the new models have real EMG's
        5- tunamatic of some form, but its an import version
        6- piranha inalys
        7- seach and you will find!

I like them, and wish I never got rid of mine. Great guitars for the price, especially used.

Comment

The bridge is identical (as far as I can tell) to an actual tuneomatic, with the exception that it doesnt have the locking screws (you know, the part that makes the real TOM so good).

I have the Eeriedess Swirl, and even though painted, the neck doesnt feel sticky at all. Nice and smooth. It seems like the finish works very well with natural oils in the hands.
          Last edited by tseegert; 06-05-2006, 08:39 AM.
          www.myspace.com/madeaband
          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026
            I just bought a trans red one in mint condition on ebay for 675, is that a fair price, or a bit of an overpay?!?

Good buy imo, for the guitar. Plus that finish just has mojo.
            www.myspace.com/madeaband
            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

My trans red is my best guitar. They were a fair bit above the dkmg's at the time, but with the 06s quality has been raised across the board imo. Yes, they are ALL mahogany....cept for the sexy flametop ones. The bridge is identical to the USA tunomatics in design, theres speculation that theyre made of different materials though. Tonepros have a model that fits it, but after the tonepros on my schecter its really not worth the upgrade. And I've never found a neck sticky in my life.
              As for pics and ebay, theres search functions dude! Research is part of the fun imo....

Comment

Yeah I am thinking 06's, especially since you^? said that they are raised in quality...

How do they compare to a KE2 neck?..take it roughly the same..
                Last edited by JACKS0NESP; 06-05-2006, 07:48 PM.

Comment

While technically I meant that all the 06 jap models have the highest quality fretwork now as I've seen with my slsmg, where previously there was a gap in the jacksons I'd seen, I'd imagine that 06 slsmg's would still be as good as your gonna find! Even the 06 dxmg my music shop has has some badass fretwork and finishing! Steal of a guitar that one.

But yeah, the slsmg is gonna sound alot better then the others with the mahogany imo

Comment

I paid 549.00 last summer at GC in Sacramento, for one in EDS, killer deal,of course I added the 81/85 combo.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I have a trans black.

Its a gorgeous instrument. Playability like hell, and sound so deep and great.

My best guitar with my ESP Horizon FR2.

I want a trans red now.

EDIT : you can see mine here : http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53017
                      Last edited by zebutcher; 06-06-2006, 04:53 AM.
                      Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Holy shit...much nicer than I thought...by FAR.

The pics I mean...they look awesome.

I thought they didnt have eds??

Ill check..later..

Comment

The EDS was a GC special run. I didn't even know about it until I saw one posted here... then I went a looking and bought one! I got a particularly great sounding one too.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

The SLSMG in transblack is a limited run for musician friends in 2002-2003 (i think) and they have a better finish that other SLSMG. And we see the neck thru with trans finish!!!!!!
                            Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Working...
                            X