Jackson dk2m, why so cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dk2m, why so cheap?

I bought mine today and cant stop playing it, I've never known a guitar with such a low action, plays great, sounds great (although I'm unsure about the JB pickup), looks great. How come its so cheap? My other Japanese Jackson cost more and had the duncan designed pickups and doesn't play as well.

Best value for money ever?....maybe?

At these prices, I hope Jackson kicks ESP's, Ibanez's and Caparison's collective asses. The only thing keeping me from buying a DK2S is the pearloid inlays, and the SL3 would look much better with binding. Otherwise, the 2006 imports are tough to beat.
    sigpic

Comment

Compared to last year's prices, the new ones are more expensive but not by much considering the improvements. To buy an older DK2 that has chrome hardware, rosewood neck, Duncan Designed pups - then upgrade it with real Duncans would cost just as much if not slightly more. And that's before you switch the chrome hardware for black and change the neck to a maple one. The DK2M is likely to be priced as low as it is because Jackson did their homework and naturally everyone snapped up every available guitar possible. I suspect their factories are working overtime to keep up with the demand. It may also be that their suppliers have given them a better deal this time.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-02-2006, 06:33 PM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

factorY

There is only one...

(making the Japanese Jacksons)
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would guess that we at JCF are NOT the typical guitar buyer. So when we see loads of DK2M's being grabbed by JCF members, it doesn't mean that the majority of the potential DK2M buyers out there is as crazy as we are.

But like suggested in another thread, it would be interesting to hear from John jacksonmarketingguy how the DK2M sale is going.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'll bet it's the number 1 seller currently.

Comment

And we started the maple board / black sharpie thing, didn't we?! HELL YEAH!
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                black sharpie thing,
                What?

Comment

Ron I knew you'd catch that one

Comment

so they're not real inlays? Disappointing to think Jackson are drawing their sharkfins on now....
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                        so they're not real inlays? Disappointing to think Jackson are drawing their sharkfins on now....

You mean like these?

Jackson style? You be the judge!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Style-Ma...QQcmdZViewItem
                        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

False advertising! Those aren't INlays! Heh

Comment

Yeah, your telling me! Did you check the other pics in the auction? When I first saw them, I thought they were distorted by compressing to a smaller size, but I was wrong. They're just as bad as they originally appeared. In one pic, I believe I can actually see the grain of the fretboard running through the "inlays"!:ROTF:

Fett, have you bought one of these necks?
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Hey that hurt!
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X