DK2M in "Inferno Red"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M in "Inferno Red"......

Well, I originally ordered white, and was going to change to trans black, but settled for this "so called" inferno red. I figured I'd get whatever Matt had left because I'm planning on a refin anyway. I'll tell ya, this is a damn pretty color in person! I hate red guitars (well, not "hate" but you know what I mean), but this color is kind of a pearlescent dark reddish orangish deal that does a lot of color change in different lighting conditions. When I told my wife I had settled for a "red" one, she thought I was crazy (she hates red guitars too), but when it arrived today, and I opened the case, she said "wow!...that's a cool color!" I dunno, I'll probably refin it, but this color is growing on me!
    As far as quality, the only bitch I have is that the floyd nut route on the neck wasn't deep enough, and the action at the first fret was around 1/16" ! Rather than screw with the routing I just removed the nut, ground it down, and all's good now. Of course the neck had a lot of bow in it, and the truss rod was totally loose, but after adjusting it the frets were perfectly level.....so no fret dressing required! Just a little tinkering and it plays like a million bucks now. Look for the pups in the classifieds soon!!!
    All in all, nice axe for the money.
    Oh, and about the "neck profile" argument, mine has a profile very similar to the old "model" series. Kinda chunky, but not too much. Definitely not wizard thin like someone else here said. It feels exactly like the DK2LE to me.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Wow, DK2Ms out the ass for the JCF!!! When I'm able to get one, I'll most likely stick with snow white, but this new shade of red looks really sweet! What color(s) do you have planned for the refin? Congrats
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I love the wicked, old school look of that guitar. Can't wait for my DK2M to get here! What pickups are you putting in? I think a Sustainiac in the neck would be cool.

Comment

I guess I really haven't decided on the color,. but I'm leaning toward black right now, get rid of the neck hum and switch, and a Duncan Invader in the bridge. The "black out" look would really look good with this neck I think. I love the SH8 too! Hey, who knows.....I'm pretty fickle!

Comment

I don't care much for red guitars either, but somehow it works very well with your new DK2M. I wish they would take orders on those necks alone. With reverse head stock of course. And scalloped 12-24 frets of course. And.. and... and..
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
            I don't care much for red guitars either, but somehow it works very well with your new DK2M. I wish they would take orders on those necks alone. With reverse head stock of course. And scalloped 12-24 frets of course. And.. and... and..
            You're starting to sound like slayer. "I'd be all over that if it was short scale, mahogany, single hum, thicker neck profile, reverse headstock, etc, etc, etc....."
            Hail yesterday

Comment

heh yeah Jack is an amusing guy to read. I wonder how many guitars he REALLY buys.. I bet he have just one and that's a Carvin j/k Jack bro!
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                I guess I really haven't decided on the color,. but I'm leaning toward black right now, get rid of the neck hum and switch, and a Duncan Invader in the bridge. The "black out" look would really look good with this neck I think. I love the SH8 too! Hey, who knows.....I'm pretty fickle!
                Oh yeah, I forgot that you have the capability to turn this into a 1H. Good call.

Comment

Killer guitar.... so what are your re-fin plans?

Comment

Hate red. Like that.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Very nice. I am really thinking of buying one now.
                      If someone would give me some money

Comment

Originally posted by slash
                        Killer guitar.... so what are your re-fin plans?
                        hmmmm.......maybe a Mojo body?
                        PM sent.

Comment

Mark, over $500 for a maple boarded neck with black sharpies... that's.... much
                          Henrik

Comment

This colour actually rocks.. so far the DK2s I' ve seen didn't really float my boat.. I really like the red/black hardware combination
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nice Mark!! I'm not much on red either, but that looks pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X