Trans Black DK2M: The Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Black DK2M: The Arrival

Today was the first time in a long time that I was able to enjoy that intoxicating new guitar smell, inviting a trans black DK2M into my home. I've never put much stock in the "pre-Fender" bullsh!t that abounds on eBay and various message boards, and this being my first Fender-era Jackson, I have to say that this guitar is absolutely as good as my `90s imports. After lusting for a trans black finish for years, I finally have one, and that finish combined with the black-on-maple binding and inlays looks extremely classy.

The sound is great, as expected. I'm not the world's biggest Duncan JB fan, but I like it enough to keep it in place. The upgraded JT580LP seems plenty solid, although I never had any problems with the previous version. The fretwork, binding, inlays and hardware are all flawless. No dead spots, no sharp fret ends, no problems. The only change I made was to block the trem with an eraser, as I don't use the whammy.

The only thing I don't care for is the case. I own several older Jackson and SKB cases, and the material on the new style does not inspire much confidence in me. Oh well, I can throw it in the garage and use something else!

sigpic

Nice! Congrats!!!
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I am playing Hypocrisy's The Arrival in your honor.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

that is very very nice indeed.

Comment

Man, the buying rate on the DK2M here on JCF is going through the roof i think! Nice guitar!

Don't you guys ever peel off the protection foil from the truss rod cover? I've seen at least two other DK2M's here with the same "problem"
          Last edited by jackson1; 06-01-2006, 06:24 PM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
            Don't you guys ever peel of the protection foil from the truss rod cover? I've seen at least two other DK2M's here with the same "problem"
            I've noticed that too. I always rip it right off.

Comment

That's really a nice guitar. I'm starting to dig the natural headstock! Congrats...
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Sweet!! Congrats.

Comment

Are you going to be using that at any shows soon?
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I think I would appreciate the natural headstock more if Jackson offered a natural maple or alder body complete with black body binding, that would be sick!

Would one of Slash's body's mount up with a DK2M neck or is there modding involved with the neck pocket?

Comment

Denny (Slash) can make any body to fit any neck.

Nice axe with the trans black! I was toying with the idea of that color too, but it was gone so I got a red one. (I originally ordered white). These are pretty decent axes for sure, and a lot of bang for the buck!
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Excuse my rusty Photoshop skills, just a mock-up of my idea I was talking about.

Jackson necks fit 2 1/4" pockets, right? And standard strat/super strat neck heels are generally 2 3/16"?

Just wondering what size Denny's stock bodies' neck pockets are (since there are a few for discounted price on his site). I was guessing there an upcharge for resizing the neck pockets from Denny, and I'm looking for the lowest cost solution for something like this.

Comment

Well, why don't you ask him????? He's a great guy to deal with.
                          I know for a fact that he can do a 2 1/4" or 2 3/16", or probably a 4" if you want it!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Opps I saw the stats on his site. 2 3/16". Plus the 24 fret DK2M neck is 24 3/4" scale and Denny's stuff is 25 1/2". I know Denny can probably do both but I'd probably be paying an extra $100 or so which would kill the deal, but I will have to ask him instead of speculating.

EDIT: I just checked and the DK2M is 25.5 scale, so theoretically it would bolt on and intonate correctly I would think. Mark correct me if I am wrong.
                            Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 06-01-2006, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
                              Are you going to be using that at any shows soon?
                              Yes, definitely. Our next Twin Cities show is on June 23rd, and I'll probably play the DK2M then. I played it at practice tonight, and it sounded great at high volumes. My bandmates loved the look of it.

Now if only it had a talent booster...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X