2006 DK2 Trans Red on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DK2 Trans Red on the way!

All these "on the way" threads have made me jealous and impatient! I've been waiting for one of the sponsoring dealers to get one in stock, and here she finally comes: http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand...n/PRO/DK2.HTML

I'm going to pair her with a brand new Cube 60 I'm picking up this weekend.

Cube 60?! An old new stock or are they still being made?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
      I just saw a dozen new ones in what appeared to be factory sealed boxes at a local place called GuitarWorks. Why, is there something I should know?!

Its between that and a Vox ADVT...

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
        Well, it's still listed on Roland's site:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/CUBE-60/index.html

Comment

Nice score (the DK2 that is). Think I'll get one too. It would be nice to play a HSS setup for a change.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Do you mean the Jazz Cube 60? I heard they discontinued that one recently...

Comment

Originally posted by ewright
              All these "on the way" threads have made me jealous and impatient! I've been waiting for one of the sponsoring dealers to get one in stock, and here she finally comes: http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand...n/PRO/DK2.HTML

I'm going to pair her with a brand new Cube 60 I'm picking up this weekend.

dude... that's the setup i have with a bad horsie 2 (thanx jgcable) the trans red looks great. the cube 60 (thanx RacerX) is very underatted for what it does.
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I got it last night, picked up the Cube 60 this morning. All I can say is...holy f*****g sh*t!

1. The guitar is much higher quality than my old DK2 (bought new in 2004). The old one just felt like a cheap import, with sloppy pots, mushy switch, loose knobs with shafts at different heights, etc. The new one feels like a well-built musical instrument, and everything (pots, switch, knobs, bridge) is tight and perfect and solid as a brick. The difference is just night and day, and I have never seen a guitar in this price range that compares. Whatever Jackson is doing different (QC?), I am extremely impressed.

2. The case is also better! My last DK2 came with what was supposedly a new JCC921 (the "deluxe" Soloist/Dinky case); the new one came with the supposedly cheaper Dinky case (JCC201), which has the same molded exterior logo but with 2 larger interior storage boxes instead of one small one, a Jackson skull & logo badge by the handle, a locking latch and key, and it fits the guitar much better, too. This one is actually worth the $79!

3. The Cube is $#@* incredible. Hands down the best, loudest, and most versatile SS/modeller I've ever heard, but since I've never owned a tube amp my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

DK2Magic: I'm not sure yet how much I like the finish. Your pics are part of the reason I chose Trans Red, but mine looks a little more pink/less orange than yours, if that makes sense. Were those pics taken in direct sunlight? Maybe its just the lighting in my living room...

Regardless, the subtle "burst" is MUCH cooler than the old trans red, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ewright
                    DK2Magic: I'm not sure yet how much I like the finish. Your pics are part of the reason I chose Trans Red, but mine looks a little more pink/less orange than yours, if that makes sense. Were those pics taken in direct sunlight? Maybe its just the lighting in my living room...

Regardless, the subtle "burst" is MUCH cooler than the old trans red, IMO.
                    maybe just a hint of sunlight in my living room at the time, nothing intentional though. the blue sofa is a solid contrast to it. probably makes it jump out in the pic.
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                    X