No announcement yet.

Crackhead Deal Alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost forgot to mention. After I bought the guitar from the dude, he tried to pawn me off on the Pre-paid Legal pyramid scheme. I just said, yeah, whatever, and threw his pamphlets in the guitar case, and bolted.

Well, he just called me again trying to tell me how great Pre-Paid Legal is. I had to tell him 3 times that I wasn't interested to get him off my back. Hopefully he never calls again!

-a

Comment

Is 357 Customs the underwriter of this pre-paid legal deal?
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Okay, it's finally all put together! Got some parts courtasy of Budman (although, damn ... looks like I really should replace that pickup ring with a glossy one), and Carvin with the Original Floyd Rose:

And to anyone who though the OFR wouldn't fit in, or intonate properly, I hope this clears all doubts about that!

-a

Comment

Way cool!!! Great score.
          Pre-paid legal has a convention here every year, and they are nothing but a pain in the ass the whole 4 or 5 days...I hate March in OKC...grrrr. Again, great axe bro!!! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
            I always wished I could have a spycam focused on a pawn shop. Every time I'd see a crackhead go in with an axe, I'd sprint down there and then offer $20 more than what they'd offer.
            got me laughing there, I can picture that
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
              Okay, it's finally all put together! Got some parts courtasy of Budman (although, damn ... looks like I really should replace that pickup ring with a glossy one)
              I'm sorry, I figured when you asked for a black plastic ring, you saw on my site that I only make the black plastic in the matte finish, not glossy. The only glossy I have are the black polished aluminum. If you'd like a refund, please, by all means, just let me know-
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice score. I have one exactly the same and was always wondering if an OFR would fit in there. Has the OFR changed the sound or the playability much?
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                  I'm sorry, I figured when you asked for a black plastic ring, you saw on my site that I only make the black plastic in the matte finish, not glossy. The only glossy I have are the black polished aluminum. If you'd like a refund, please, by all means, just let me know-
                  Bud I'm not really faulting you or your products .... I think the flash makes it come out much more drastically different from the OEM ring ... but yeah I'll probably be contacting you soon for another order

As far as the OFR ... My before/after comparison is night and day, but may not be the same for everyone with this type of bridge. Mine was in really bad shape (One of the posts was frozen in the collar, the post was stripped, and the trem arm wobbled pretty badly), so the playability was really horrible. With the OFR, this thing plays just about on par with my USA Jacksons. I just need to tweak the truss rod a touch and it should be perfect!

-a

Comment

I was going to say you should have bought two pickup rings so they would match. For anyone who hasn't seen Daves rings, they are not gray like that picture shows, they are a nice satin black. Camera flash made that one look terrible.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I finally got my tripod last night and took some "better" shots ... This time without the flash and better lighting, so I'll post them up later tonight.

-a

Comment

Bud I'm not really faulting you or your products .... I think the flash makes it come out much more drastically different from the OEM ring ... but yeah I'll probably be contacting you soon for another order
                        Thanks, bro, it's appreciated -

And thank you too, Mark -
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Okay, some nicer photos

-a

Comment

That would look sweet with 2 of Budmans creme rings... and some "real" Duncans

Comment

Working...
                            X