Kevin Bond Signature Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, very nice pics.
    Too bad Jackson don´t use locking tuners as standard..

Comment

There is not much more room for improvement I think he has covered it all.Those are outstanding guitars.You know you could darken the inlays some that might look cool.Maybe use a rosewood stain a little at a time to get the desired color.Maybe a thin trans black stain.
      I just cant go 1000+ bucks on an import I'll have to wait for one in a pawn shop.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by juka
        I changed those cr***y korean tuners
        Jackson doesn't use Korean tuners. They're Japanese, and they're far from being crappy.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          Jackson doesn't use Korean tuners. They're Japanese, and they're far from being crappy.
          Well, that's what Jackson claims, too. (See my post at "Ask Jackson")
          But mine were stamped "KOREA JIN-HO R3" on the inside (I might be able to make a photo, if you don't believe me) and they were of really bad quality, i.e. the tuning posts had quite some play. And by that time I had some Japanese-made (=original) Gotohs lying on my desk as spare parts, so I really could compare them side by side: man, what a difference...

Comment

Originally posted by juka
            But mine were stamped "KOREA JIN-HO R3" on the inside
            Well, that's interesting! Wonder if Jackson realizes what's going on with them.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Well, that's interesting! Wonder if Jackson realizes what's going on with them.
              Apparently not. John stated that the tuners are Japanese.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Heh. I just read that thread. Apparently John has no clue!

Comment

Interesting on the tuners... a Buddy´s KB rhoads is here on the bench, and the tuners are Gotoh SG-38 with a silkscreened Jackson logo... clearly the same Japanese Gotohs used on USAs...

Is it possible that there are variances depending on availability or similar?

Comment

Thats really strange! I chose mine from a dealer who had three in stock and all had those korean JIN-HO R3 tuners. They also have the silkscreened Jackson logo, but are of very bad quality...

Comment

I have been looking for a non-floyd guitar, the KBR may be the one. I was considering a RR-5 but I love the single hum.
                      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

My girl just gave me the go-ahead on a KBR to go with my RX10D. Now I just have to come up with the funds.
                        Last edited by H3LL5P4WN; 07-21-2006, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Have these been dropped already? I just picked up a new Jackson catalog from a dealer and they aren't anywhere inside.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I just found a set of Korean Jackson tuners as well! I removed them from a Performer neck Im selling and noticed it says Jin-Hi Made in Korea! I was pretty surprised too.

As far as quality goes, they feel pretty much lust like the other tuners. The one difference that I can notice: The nylon washer between the tuner body and the tuning knob usually has one thin metal shim on each side of it. These tuners do not.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986
                              Have these been dropped already? I just picked up a new Jackson catalog from a dealer and they aren't anywhere inside.
                              Check page 7 carefully
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok, I saw the little black and white pic of him before but that just shows he's an endorser. There is nothing about his sig. model. Like in the Pro Series Signature section, there's a whole page for the Morton model and another for the COWs. Just an observation
                                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                                X