Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and birthplace of performer ps1

Hiya everyone

Sorry if this has been asked before (tried to find any info but couldnt find anything about it)!

I am thinking of buying a Jackson from my local guitar shop, its a performer
    PS1, serial number 1001 .....(cant remember the rest) and it costs £150. It also has a scratchplate.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what year it was made, where its from and roughly the value?

I have looked and looked online but can't seem to find out anything about it. Thanks in advance to anyone that could help!!

Hi

All Performers (and Professionals BTW) were imports. If that ser# starts with 10 that means IIRC it was made in either India or Taiwan, possibly Korea)

These were made in the late 90s, price sounds about right, maybe haggle a bit.

This your first Jackson?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Also try the search function Performer

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/sear...?searchid=6894

Comment

Argh cheers for that...yes its my first Jackson, but i don't think I'm gonna buy it now, I will wait for a better one (and save up more for it), the guy in the shop didnt know anything about it so I thought I might have got a bargain....

Comment

Either Korean or Japanese build on the Performers, and that serial number indicates Korea.
          sigpic

Comment

Some performers were made in Japan(there was a post a while back)If the 12th fret dots are close together and the serial number starts with a 9.Saw a Kelly preformer last weekend at a pawn shop it had the dots and the serial #started with a 9.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by jojogingerhead
              i don't think I'm gonna buy it now, I will wait for a better one (and save up more for it)
              Good decision.
              I think any Jackson that says "professional" on the headstock (1990-1996 Pro-series) would be a way better pick than a Performer. I would personally avoid JS- and X-series Jacksons, because there's always the risk they were built in India, and it can sometimes be hard to tell when you're buying used. The MG- and Pro-series guitars are all made in Japan.

Comment

Jap JS30s are very nice guitars.Lots of bang for the buck.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So are the Jap X series...my main guitars right now,,, KVX10 and DXMG....post 2002 models are Made In Japan,,,,jojogingerdude just make sure the ser# starts w/ "9" and you'll be fine. Most MIJ (bolt-ons) 9

Comment

Working...
                  X