E-mail regarding Jackson Stars SLJ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail regarding Jackson Stars SLJ1

I just got a call from Mr. Saito at the Shibuya Ikebe store, telling me that the factory had sent him a photo of the guitar that they are building for me. He asked me for my e-mail address so that he could send it to me.

The top looks better than I was told to expect, even before dyeing/staining or whatever it is that they do to natural finishes. They also got the control layout that I specified right on!

The guitar should be finished in June. I can't hardly wait
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

June?! That's blimmin' early. Remember to post pix when she's home safe and SOUND.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The Japanese factory has a pretty good turn around rates, apparently.

I've heard of people getting their custom guitars 3 months after they place their orders.

I ordered mine in mid January. If this was a US Custom Shop guitar, I'd probably get it in June of 2007
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Wow, that's very cool!

I'm in the process of ordering a Jackson Stars myself, but haven't received a response from Ishibashi yet. Well, they tell on their website that it can take them a while to respond to enquiries, but it's been a week now already...

Perhaps I should also try Ikebe? I'm gonna pay via bank transfer anyways, so there shouldn't be a problem I think.

BTW, the model I want to get is the RR-J1B in TRS finish.
        I'm sick of waiting for the 24fret Rhoads that MIGHT come out sometime in the future... when all I want does already exist in Japan.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

shadowcat-

As the RR-J1B is a regular production model, I would expect that you would receive your guitar about a week after the dealer gets your money at the latest, if they have one in stock.

Although I'm not into pointy guitars, I've played a couple of Jackson Stars RR's at some shops. They are well built and easy to play. Good luck with your order

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
            shadowcat-

As the RR-J1B is a regular production model, I would expect that you would receive your guitar about a week after the dealer gets your money at the latest, if they have one in stock.

Although I'm not into pointy guitars, I've played a couple of Jackson Stars RR's at some shops. They are well built and easy to play. Good luck with your order
            Yeah, that's what I figured... I don't even need to go semi-custom, because the RR-J1B already has everything I want, except the finish...
            I would love to get transparent green, but that is something Jackson Stars seems to not do at all. Or am I wrong there???

But that transred-sunburst is very nice too.

BTW QuantumRider, I've read everything you postet about Jackson Stars guitars, and it has helped me alot!
            So a big THANK YOU for posting all that information and helping out all of us who want to get our hands on one of these guitars. You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
              I would love to get transparent green, but that is something Jackson Stars seems to not do at all. Or am I wrong there???
              "Natural" isn't one of the finish options for SL-J1's, but that's what I'm getting for my guitar, for a 10,000yen upcharge.

I'm sure that once you get ahold of a Japanese dealer, you can request a trans green finish. But then you'd have to wait for them to build one for you...

Originally posted by shadowcat
              BTW QuantumRider, I've read everything you postet about Jackson Stars guitars, and it has helped me alot!
              So a big THANK YOU for posting all that information and helping out all of us who want to get our hands on one of these guitars. You rock!
              Thanks for the compliment! I wanted to contribute to the forum, and the Japanese market guitars happened to be my area of expertise

Comment

Well, I would be very happy to wait if that is possible!
                Especially since I would have to wait up to one year for a USA RR1T in that finish (I already checked that option) and would pay outta the ass for one of those... and would only get 22 frets.

Is your guitar a semi-custom order or did you just order a "production SL-J1 but with natural finish please"?

Comment

Nevermind, I just found your old thread.

Comment

That is sweeeeeeeeeet. Enjoy it!
                    I know you already know as well as I do that Jackson Stars are fine axes for the price

Comment

shadowcat-

I may have added a few mods since I last posted... My semi-custom order entails:

1) Natural Finish
                      2) 5-way switch instead of 3-way
                      3) Specified neck profile to be 19mm at the 1st fret, 21mm at the 12th fret
                      4) No tone knob

I never used the tone knob on any of my guitars, so I figured, what the heck...

I scored another guitar with a similar control layout, as detailed in this thread, and I like it

Steveman-

I have great faith in the guys at Chuu-shin Gakki... I own two MIJ Charvels and a MIJ Grover Jackson that renew my faith every time I pick them up

Comment

As well as being quicker, is it cheaper or just as expensive as USA custom guitars? Are there restrictions on what you can ask for?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wilkinsi-

The Steveman, who posted above me, translated the semi-custom order form, and Newc, another JCF member, was kind enough to host the translations on his site:

http://autumn-frost.com/jcf/JS-SCOS1.jpg
                          http://autumn-frost.com/jcf/JS-SCOS2.jpg

I've translated the custom form, in my second to last post in this thread.

The above links should give you an idea as to what you can and cannot ask for.

As for prices, you can figure out the dealer price %-age with respect to list price, by checking out the prices listed on the dealer's sites and the list prices at www.jacksonstars.com.

What with shipping to the UK and any import taxes that you may have to pay, though, I don't know how great a deal it would be for you Brits...
                          Last edited by QuantumRider; 04-30-2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Well AFAIK we Europeans get royally fucked in the ass with import taxes and stuff (how much depends on the country)... but I think that goes for a USA guitar as well when we buy it from one of our online dealers. And at a local store a RR1T would cost around 2500 EURO, so the Jackson Stars is still the cheaper option (and has 24 frets!!!!!!).

Comment

Well, I've tried to contact Ikebe at [email protected], but somehow my mails always return with an error message.

Does anybody know if this mail address is still correct?

Too bad blindvomit was banned, he would have known...

Comment

Working...
                              X