Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kelly, Pickups?

Hey noob to the forums here,

I just picked up a Ke3 the other day, went to guitar center to try out some pedals, walked out with the kelly! It's a used one in crimson swirl, but is in mint condition, actions super low, plays perfect, got her for 350 out the door, I think I did pretty good. Anyway I bought this thing for how it plays, but I'm not sold on the duncan designed pups in it. I play thrash metal, megadeth and maiden type stuff. The tone i'm going for is similar to megadeths on youthanasia, crunchy thick and warm. I play through a Peavey JSX and a boss sd-1 with some delay and an eq pedal, so theres a decent amount of gain. I've tried a lot of seymour duncans in other guitars I have and am not super crazy about them, I don't want to go the active route either, I'm leaning towards dimarzio's now. The description of the tone zone sounds kinda spot on for the bridge, got no idea for the neck, any suggestions for either posistion or any experince's worth sharing?

I've always stuck with the EMG-HZ pickups in my WRMG. Nice low-end tone. But if I were to upgrade, I'd be taking most people's suggestions and fit the 85/81 and lose it's turbocharger.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Nice graphic, Now how about a pic?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What about S&D Invader at bridge? That's what early metallica used and megadeath also i think.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          Nice graphic, Now how about a pic?

Won't have any pics till next weekend, I'm at school cameras home.

Comment

Working...
          X