New DKMGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DKMGs

Only 2 knobs. There is no mention of Turbocharger either. That'd be ok cause they now have active EMGs. I don't use Turbocharger so it would be great.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=512231

The bad thing is I already have the old model with HZs....oh well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: New DKMGs

Looks tasty.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I like the cobalt blue swirl.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

rather than lose the turbocharger and a lot of money on having to sell off your 2005 model for pathetic money, you could just buy yourself a set of active emg's. just an option you may want to consider. it's something i would consider for my 2005 wrmg.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I played a new one the other week. I think they've improved the playability too. It doesn't feel cheap and horrid now. It feels really comfortable.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            rather than lose the turbocharger and a lot of money on having to sell off your 2005 model for pathetic money, you could just buy yourself a set of active emg's. just an option you may want to consider. it's something i would consider for my 2005 wrmg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the older DKMG and put an 81/85 set in and love it. I had the tech remove the Turbo charger and put in vol/vol/tone. I'd like to know what the actives sound like with the turbocharger still in. That's basically what the Kerry King set is (only it's a 20bd boost instead of a variable one) It's definately cheaper to buy the new one if you know you want the actives, but if you already own the older one a retro fits probably the way to go. Because then you could do what I should have done and remove the knob directly under the bridge pick up and use the other two for volume and tone. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
            Karl

Comment

The cobalt blue swirl really is nice, but man, I'd love to get one in trans black. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              -Janne

Comment

i like the improved cobalt blue and cb swirl. shame i only have half the budget to buy one outright.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah, the new cobalt looks great, especially on that archtop!

Comment

Working...
                  X