DKMG Locking Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG Locking Nut

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but oh well...

Anyway, a few years ago, a friend of mine bought a DKMG, and noticed one of the pressure pads was missing. I told him to just go down to the local music store and see if the store sold spare string clamps, and luckily the store did have some in stock. But, when he tried the new pressure pad it didn't fit on the nut and was sticking out from the side of the nut.

Fast forward to just a few weeks ago. I was talking to my friend, and I told him that he should probably try getting new pads and screws from StewMac since he could have gotten the wrong ones the first time around. Pressure pads were out of stock at StewMac, so I redirected him to the AllParts site that sells the pads and the screws in a set. I talked to him today to see if the pads worked out, and he said they didn't fit!

Now! To my actual point of this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Does Jackson use some kind of proprietary parts, that just happen to not be compatible with regular Floyd parts? Sorry for long post, but I'm bored and I felt like writing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: DKMG Locking Nut

Yup.

Jackson's Import clamps are smaller than real Floyd clamps.

Try www.guitarpartsdepot.com, and get the LICENSED Floyd clamps, not the OFR clamps.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: DKMG Locking Nut

WEE!!!

Thanks a bunch. Crazy Licensed trems!

Comment

Working...
      X