2005 or 2006 DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 or 2006 DK2

I am aware of the trem and pickup upgrades on the 2006 DK2's and was planning on waiting for one but I am seeing these 2005's going for awsome deals. I know we are not supposed to talk price here but lets say I can save a little more than $250 between the 2. Are the upgraded pickups and trem going to be that much better? For $100 I could put a really good bridge pickup in right? I do not use the other pickups much anyway. Your opinions please.
    Thanks
    Hugh

Re: 2005 or 2006 DK2

You could buy a used Duncan JB for around $45, sometimes a few bucks less.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My motto is, if I can score a good deal, I go for it....much to my wife's dismay [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

+1. everytime i see a new product, it's initial price is extortionate. it would be cheaper to buy a standard dk2 now that its discontinued, then add the s.d pickups later.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

yup i would get it now, at a great price, and upgrade the pups your self, and upgrade the floyd if ya want and still latter on down the road... i plan to upgrade my pups sometime in the future... the dk2 is a awsome guitar...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You could buy a used Duncan JB for around $45, sometimes a few bucks less.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not here...yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I just ordered it. I felt like I was stealing it cause the price was so low. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice peeps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I know some of the prices you are talking about, and I think they are worth it.

The only reason I'm buying a 2006 DK2, is for the Maple fretboarded one.

Comment

You guys remember the asking price of the Blue Orange Flame DK2 when that puppy first rolled out?!?! It was through the roof. Then less than two months ago Musicians Friend was GIVING them away....too bad I was short of funds...... so yeah I say get the 05 DK2 and make the upgrades you want and save yourself a few hundred. Chances are you'll still end up spending less by buying a brand new 05 and putting what you want in it than if you buy an 06 model at the prices they're going for.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                  X